You’re looking for a new mattress but have no idea what to look for. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable mattresses for the year 2022? Top Orthopedic Mattress For Lower Back Pain
Remember that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
We have a variety of different categories when we made our top picks. We hope that the majority of people will be able to find not just”the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the details of each bed We’d like to talk some details about the process we used to choose them.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses, putting each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account brand performance with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we really considered each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress in this list has an overall score of 4/5 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must look for a bed that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality mattress materials that don’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those costly models, but for an affordable cost. With a durable coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feeling that is a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers should be most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model. While side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to easily switch positions on any of the models thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s about to fall down or cause you to fall off. The only downside to its springy nature is that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either (or both) is an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become one of the most notable brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers can take a sleep quiz via the Helix website that takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two persons. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to disturb the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. Also, you can take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example it’s the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a serious comfort punch without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is built by using 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some intense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion across the entire structure and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Sold on this great value mattress? Get an even more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm option and most couples will be in a position to find the right bed for their preferences. Each of them has solid edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples must also take cooling into consideration when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies give off more body heat than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. It also has a hybrid design with springs that have room for a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will attract lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings to the consumer. This is what makes the Signature (and any of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that’s still an excellent, premium feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out to the end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness from its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the area) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from a comfortable layer of memory foam that’s infused with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. It makes Bear the perfect choice for those who lives an active life.
If you’re ready to curl up with your Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure at their lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses the combination with memory foam and poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the mattress. At the same time they’ll feel a touch of comfort by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat like the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be beneficial to assist in the process of the move into your house (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot looking for a mattress that will cool you down at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from sleeping.
The first is the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam which as well as being cool, also provides lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy as a brand GhostBed is famous by their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on many of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material, it helps with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only downside is it could be slippery, which is why you may need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything nice and snug.
In terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give side sleepers and back sleepers an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a plus for sex).
If your primary concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It combines soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that aids in keeping your spine in a balanced position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is solid that it can be an ideal option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only suitable position for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable sleeping on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, while your hips feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly breathable and as an added touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel on the top. All of these features will aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example medium firm is 6.5/10). This means that this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is made of not two, but one layer of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that supports on the edges of the bed and also the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon body type and age, sleeping position, and pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain straight, and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality choices in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is essential in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with a medium-firm feel, like those in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built in coil systems to provide support. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for back, stomach and combo sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support and their comfort differs widely. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They employ layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a favored type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring and pressure relief. Check out the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using green Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people typically like these mattresses. Check out the top latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers throughout the night! A few of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the top air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several different types of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the best pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the price.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our top mattresses for under $1000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest a mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is crucial to keep the temperature low in the night.
- My top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest those who sleep light to look at the top soft mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) require a mattress that provides extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. To find out how to pick the right mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site for best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattresses for older adults to find one that will work well for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have specific sleeping needs as well! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ) It is important to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples, as well as beds with impressive Edge support and cooling features as well as other features that couples might consider.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex should look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Orthopedic Mattress For Lower Back Pain FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your personal budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the lifespan of a mattress that is old for a few months by using a mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to look over its warranty, which will give you an idea of the length it will last.
What is the best mattress for back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain will find that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for their back. This kind of bed can assist you in keeping your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease a lot of back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. This is why they’re advised to choose mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. To get a larger range, check out our roundup of the most comfortable sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the opposite side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly the Helix Midnight. Top Orthopedic Mattress For Lower Back Pain