You’re looking for a new mattress but don’t know where to start. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot of others circulating in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Top Orthopedic Mattress For Bad Back
Keep in mind that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different people require different things from a bed, so what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of different categories when we made our top picks. Our hope is that most people will be able to find not just”the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each of these beds We’d like to talk some details about the process we used to select them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab. We’ve put every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. From there, we give each mattress an overall score according to the materials used as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we really considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you must choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those costly models, but for an affordable cost. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feel that should be an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be the most comfortable on the Luxury and Firm versions while side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to shift positions with any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep near the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s about to fall down or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it creates fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one (or both) are an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely recognizable names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers can take a test on their sleep via the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into account so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders. This is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pocketed coils below the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 people. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb the other person or you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. It’s also possible to check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance, the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress with a significant comfort punch without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts This memory foam mattress is made with 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel intense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the structure, making it a great pick for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with your partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It comes in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model, so most couples should be in a position to find the right bed for their preferences. All models have solid edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce more body heat than one. However, this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features an naturally cool, similar to latex in the comfort layer. It also has a hybrid design with springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This makes the Signature (and all of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that’s still an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. The WinkBed is available with four levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. The strengthened springs result in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out to the very end to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and ample firmness from its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, depending on the area) to help you alleviate discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
Apart from it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed out of sustainable Tencel and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale it is a Bear will appeal to those who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little shape from the comfort layer of memory foam that’s coated with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does the covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noteworthy aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow and could aid in recovering. This makes the Bear a great fit for those who is active.
If you’re ready to curl in Bear Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain in low back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses a tandem with memory foam and poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. While at the same time, they’ll get a little squeeze from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat as the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty mattress, and it could be a good idea to assist in the process of the move into your house (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that can help cool you down at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from sleepers.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. It also has a layer of gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is known as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover on many mattress models. It is also made of a phase change material which aids in ensuring that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, which is why you may need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything neat and secure.
For feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs the perfect balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and its bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping your spine within a healthy alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is sturdy that it might also be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option for the Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable, and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin layer of cooling gel up the top. All of these traits should assist in helping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out it’s a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel like memory foam. If you’re a lover of that quicksand feeling then you might want to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Shop here for the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils to provide a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example, medium firm is 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders slide into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that the comfort section is made of not two, but one layer of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the second being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll experience the mix of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that supports the sides of the mattress, and also the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based on your body type, age, sleep positions, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good combination of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain straight, and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel and work well for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam and their comfort differs widely. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They employ layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeper. They are the most well-known kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the best mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these mattresses. Take a look at the most popular latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! The best adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Get more information in our review of best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that reduces the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several different kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the most suitable mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the cost consider looking at the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than 1,000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is important for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- My top breathable beds in our roundup of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a glance at most comfortable mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) require a mattress with an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose the best mattress that suits your body go to our site to find the the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our best mattresses for older adults to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own sleep needs, as well! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples including beds that have impressive edges, cool features and other requirements that couples may be thinking about.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattress for sex should check out our guide for beds that are supple and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Orthopedic Mattress For Bad Back FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the life of an old mattress for a few months by adding an mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s essential to look over the warranty. It will also provide you with a good idea of how long it should last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain find that a medium or firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night as well as help ease a lot of back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, check out our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. To get a larger selection, they can always check out our roundup of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be ideal for those who sleep on their sides particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Orthopedic Mattress For Bad Back