So you’re in the market of a mattress but have no idea where to start. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more swirling within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top Orthopedic Mattress For Arthritis
Well, keep in mind that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what works for one person will not work for another.
This is why we have a variety of different categories when presenting our top choices. Our goal is that all folks should be able to discover not only the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each bed We’d like to talk an overview of the method we used to select these beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products through our bed lab, putting every mattress through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress on this list is rated 4 or higher. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support and pressure relief cushioning, and quality materials that aren’t going to break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more costly models, but at a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feeling that is a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers will be most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model. While side sleepers will appreciate using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to quickly switch positions on any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or both of you are an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have the worry of sleeping in a room with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most recognizable names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress, there’s a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two people. Although this can cause some bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. You can also take a look at other of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example, the Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy that packs a serious quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is made with 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushions at the shoulders and hips.
At the same time it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the entire structure, making it a great choice for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft you should look into the brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional bells and whistles.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Get an even better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version, so most couples should be capable of finding the right bed for their preferences. All of the options have strong edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping your partner from feeling every twist and turn.
Couples should consider cooling when choosing the best mattress for them, since two bodies give off much more heat to the body than one. But this isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of the naturally cooling latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. It also has an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and every one of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support which allows you to spread all the way to the end of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and ample firmness thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the location) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale it is a Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a shape from the cushion of comfort foam filled by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, and so does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. It makes Bear a great fit for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl up on your Bear, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain in the lower back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses the combination of memory foam, poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud slightly firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top mattress. In addition, they’ll get a little squeeze from the memory foam.
The memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat as traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to help you with moving it into your house (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that can help to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. This mattress is built with cooling technology to draw the body’s heat from sleepers.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. It also has a layer of gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is well-known by its “Ghost Ice” cover on some mattress models. It is also made of the Phase Change Material, it assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it neat and secure.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers a combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It blends soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that aids in keeping your spine within a neutral alignment and avoids back problems. In fact, the support is so sturdy that it might also be a good option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only position that is suitable to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel at ease sleeping on your back. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and give you some relief from the pressure, while your hips still feel supported.
Hot sleepers will feel right at home with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil has a lot of room for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy, and as an added touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on over the top. All of these traits should help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out it’s a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel like memory foam. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand then you might want to consider a different bed.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Shop here for our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for an optimum blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context medium firm is 6.5/10). This means that this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah as it’s an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. at 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that is used to support both sides of the bed and also the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my recommendations based on the type of body as well as age, sleep position, and pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate combination of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. You can find high-end choices in the best mattresses that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They usually have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach and combination sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam and their comfort differs widely. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known type of all-foam mattress that offers a wide range of body-contouring and pressure relief. Look over the most comfortable memory foam mattress to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Heavy people and sleepers in combination often like these mattresses. Take a look at the best latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper all night! The most comfortable adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the the top air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the most suitable mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to learn more about pain relief solutions.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the cost check out the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under 1,000 as well as the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on, I’d recommend opting for a mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is important for keeping a low temperature in the night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our list of best mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a glance at most comfortable mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) require a mattress with an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. For more information on how to select a mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page to find the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for older people to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have specific sleeping needs as well! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ) it is essential to select one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples and beds that have impressive edges, cool options as well as other features that couples may be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex can look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Orthopedic Mattress For Arthritis FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found at all price points! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for some time by adding the mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s essential to look over its warranty, which can also give you an idea of the length it should last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight during the night as well as help ease many of the pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. With that in mind, they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. If they want a wider choice, check out our roundup of the most comfortable mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their shoulders hips. Many of the mattresses on this list should be ideal for those who sleep on their sides, most notably the Helix Midnight. Top Orthopedic Mattress For Arthritis