So you’re in the market of a mattress, but aren’t sure what to look for. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattress for 2022? Top Organic Mattress For Back Pain
Well, keep in mind that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from their bed, so what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while making our top choices. We hope that the majority of people will be able to get not only an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each bed we’d like to tell you an overview of the process we used to choose these beds.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab, running every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. From there, we give every bed an overall score in accordance with the material and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support and pressure relief cushioning, and quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of expensive models, but at an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feeling that is a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) and makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to easily switch positions on any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one or both of you is the type of sleeper who is light.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made of Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become one of the most recognizable names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz via the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. As a hybrid with a mattress, it has pocketed coils below the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two persons. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. Also, you can look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without spending a lot of money.
The current price is less than 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts The memory foam bed is built with 5″ of luxurious mattress made of gel. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for side sleepers. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
However, the Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion across the mattress and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. If you’re in the market of a super-soft bed, they should check out Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, with additional alarms.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It is available in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model and most couples will be capable of finding the right bed for their preferences. All models have sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when looking for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature mattress, which is made of the naturally cooling latex-like foam in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings onto the customer. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and every one of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can comfortably support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support which allows you to spread to the end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, depending on the region) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for back sleepers. they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from the cushion of comfort foam that’s filled with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow and might help with recovery. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for those who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl up with Bear Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain in low back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top bed. In addition they’ll receive a bit of a hug from the memory foam.
The memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat like traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils create space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist you in getting it in your house (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot looking for a mattress that will keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology to draw the body’s heat from the sleeper.
First, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric which draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is known as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority their mattresses. Also made with a phase change material which helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it could be slippery, which is why you may want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide side sleepers and back sleepers an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It blends soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping the spine neutral position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is sturdy that it might also be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position for the Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable and as an added feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on the top. These features should aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. If you’re a lover of that quicksand feeling, you may want to reconsider your options.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is comprised of not just only one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the latter being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which supports both sides of the bed and also the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you were looking for then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my suggestions based on the type of body as well as age, sleep positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their hips and shoulders. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good combination of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s essential in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based on coil support systems. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach and mixed sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coils and foam, and their feel varies widely. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. They are the most popular type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring and pressure relief. Check out the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually made with environmentally friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these beds. Take a look at the top latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers overnight! Some of the best adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our review of the top air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several different types of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to learn more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price, take a look at the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 or the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote ventilation, which can be essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum in the night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our list of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a review of the top soft mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) need a bed with additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose the best mattress that suits your body, visit our page to find the top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies , each with unique sleeping needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for older adults to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) it is essential to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples and beds that have impressive edge support, cooling features as well as other features that couples might take into consideration.
- Also, couples looking for of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy should look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Organic Mattress For Back Pain FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available in every price range! Overall, a budget mattress is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every 7-10 years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the life of an old mattress for several months by adding an mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to look over its warranty, which will give you a good idea of the length it should last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back discomfort?
The majority of people with back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for them. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate a lot of discomfort. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. This is why they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. To get a larger range, check out our roundup of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. Many of the mattresses in this list will be ideal for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Organic Mattress For Back Pain