If you’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but aren’t sure what to look for. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable mattress for 2022? Top Organic Hybrid Mattress For Side Sleepers
Remember that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual will not work for another.
This is why we kept a wide range of different categories when we made our top picks. Our hope is that most folks should be able to discover not only the “best” mattress however, but one that is best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each of these beds We’d like to talk an overview of how we came to select them.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses, putting every mattress through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. From there, we give each mattress an overall score based on materials as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also consider brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress on this list is rated 4/5 or higher. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You want something with good support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more expensive models, but at an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feeling that is an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers will be most comfortable on Luxury as well as the Firm model, while side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to quickly change positions on any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep near the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or make you fall over. The only drawback to this springy mattress is the fact that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or the other are the type of sleeper who is light.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need to worry about sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become among the top well-known brands in the mattress market because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. As a hybrid that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams that provide enough support for two people. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to disturb either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. Also, you can look at our other top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For example, the Nectar mattress is a great value buy that packs a powerful comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is made of 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of sinkage and deep body-contouring that could work wonders for side sleepers. They will also feel immense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
However it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar provides enough support with the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the entire structure which makes it an ideal option for couples. If anyone is in search for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, with additional alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It is available in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model and most couples will be in a position to find the bed that is right for their preferences. Each of them has sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when looking for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce more body heat than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another trait that should be attractive to lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This makes the Signature (and all of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above), then you need an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out until the edge of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides mild pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as lots of support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the location) to help you alleviate discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale it is a Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little more contouring with the comfortable layer of memory foam coated by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow and might help in recovering. The Bear a great fit for those who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl in Bear Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure at their lower back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top bed. While at the same time they’ll feel a squeeze from the memory foam.
The memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat like traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to assist you in the move into your home (and perhaps setting it up) once it arrives.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that will keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology to draw body heat away from sleeping.
The first is an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. It also has an underlying layer of gel memory foam that as well as being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known for its “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority their mattresses. It is also made of the Phase Change Material, it assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only downside is it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
For feel In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide side sleepers and back sleepers the perfect balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent choice. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping your spine within a balanced position and helps prevent back pain. Actually, the support is so solid that it can be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable that works with Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable sleeping on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and give you some relief from the pressure, while your hips are supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable, and as an added feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on the top. All of these traits should assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a responsive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel of memory foam. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to consider a different bed.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for the perfect blend of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders sink into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that this comfort section is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the former being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah, plus it’s also an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they get that mix of support and comfort we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. at 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which supports both sides of the bed and also the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based upon body type as well as age, sleep posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate combination of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain straight, and they’ll typically find that in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality alternatives in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with a medium-firm feel, like those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built on coil support systems. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for back, stomach and combination sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support and their feeling differs widely. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. They are the most favored type of all-foam mattress , which offer a lot of body-contouring and pressure relief. Look over the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these beds. Take a look at the best latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to help sleepers overnight! Some of the best adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with different types of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed which is worth the price, take a look at the top mattresses for your cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our best mattresses under 1,000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be important to keep the temperature low in the night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a look at the top soft mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) require a mattress with an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. For more information on how to select a mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page for best mattresses for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for older people to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have specific requirements for sleep, as well! Find out more about selecting the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples including beds that have impressive edges, cool options as well as other features that couples could consider.
- Also, couples looking for of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to look through our guide to beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Organic Hybrid Mattress For Side Sleepers FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of a mattress some time by putting on an mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to check the warranty. It will also provide you with an idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for their back. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight overnight and can ease many of the pain. If you are looking for a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. With that in mind, they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. To get a larger range, check out our roundup of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Organic Hybrid Mattress For Side Sleepers