If you’re looking of a mattress, but have no idea what to look for. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal bed for you in 2022? Top Online Mattress For Side Sleepers
Remember that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what’s best for one person will not work for another.
This is why we have a variety of subjects in our mind while making our top choices. Our hope is that most people will be able to get not only”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each bed We’d like to talk an overview of how we came to choose them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab. We’ve put each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we really took each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress in this list is rated 4/5 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality mattress materials that don’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of costly models, but at an affordable cost. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feel , which is a good fit for all types of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers will be the most comfortable on the Luxury and Firm versions, while side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination will likely be able to easily change positions on any model, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or make you fall over. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer so if you’re sleeping with an individual, you could be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one or the other is an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping near harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most recognizable names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, which creates enough support for two persons. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example it’s the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is made with 5″ of luxurious mattress made of gel. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour that can work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
At the same time it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar offers enough support thanks to its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the entire structure and makes it a fantastic option for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into this brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It is available in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model, so most couples should be capable of finding the bed that is right for their preferences. All models have sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should also take cooling into consideration when looking for a new mattress, as two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. It also has an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for a lot of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) and makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings on to customers. This is what makes the Signature (and any of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s, the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. The strengthened springs result in a stronger edge support, which allows you to spread all the way to the end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support from its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the location) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially for back pain.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. There’s a breathable cover made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale it is a Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a shape from a comfort layer of memory foam that’s filled with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does the covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. The Bear an ideal choice for anyone who is active.
If you’re ready to curl in the Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the pressure relief to prevent pain at low back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of the combination with memory foam and poly foam, and pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud slightly firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the bed. In addition they’ll receive a squeeze from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat as traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be beneficial to help you with getting it in your home (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that will to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. This mattress features cooling technology to draw body heat away from sleeping.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the feel. It also has the gel memory foam, which as well as being cool, also provides lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is famous by its “Ghost Ice” cover on many mattress models. Also made with a Phase Change Material, it aids in ensuring that to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, and you might need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything neat and secure.
For feel In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide side sleepers and back sleepers an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and the bounce (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It is a combination of soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which helps keep your spine within a balanced alignment and avoids back problems. In fact, the support is so solid that it can be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel at ease sleeping on your back. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and give you some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel right at home on this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable and as an added feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up over the top. All of these traits should help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting it’s a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel like memory foam. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to consider a different bed.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the cushion of comfort.
It’s important to note that the comfort section is composed of not two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are specifically designed to keep sleepers at a comfortable temperature, with the former being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah as it’s an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of comfort and support you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that holds up both sides of the bed as well as the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my recommendations based on the type of body and age, sleeping positions, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality choices in the best mattresses that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam and their comfort differs widely. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They make use of layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the best mattress made of memory foam to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these mattresses. Check out the best latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to help sleepers throughout the night! The most comfortable adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our review of best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about pain relief solutions.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price check out the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than $1,000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for one of the following: latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is essential to keep the temperature low during the night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our roundup of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest those who sleep light to look at the best soft mattresses to ensure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) need a bed with additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select the best mattress for your body type go to our site for the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for older people to find one that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique sleeping needs too! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples to get some ideas, as well as beds that have impressive edge support, cooling features as well as other features that couples may take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex can browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Online Mattress For Side Sleepers FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your personal budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses to be found at all price points! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the life of an old mattress for several months by adding an mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to look over the warranty. It can also give you an idea of the length it should last.
What is the best mattress for back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for their back. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight overnight, which can help alleviate many of the discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. With that in mind, they’re advised to choose mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider range, go through our selection of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Online Mattress For Side Sleepers