So you’re in the market for a new mattress but aren’t sure where to begin. There are plenty of options available at brick and mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So , what’s the ideal mattress for 2022? Top Online Mattress For Side Sleeper
Remember that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what works for one person may not work for another.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when presenting our top choices. Our goal is that all people will be able to find not just the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each bed We’d like to talk a little bit about the process we used to select the beds.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab. We’ve put each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with a seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating based on materials and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every last mattress on this list is rated 4/5 or higher. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you must look for a bed that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of costly models, but for a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feel that should be suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models, while side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to change positions on any model, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model specially designed for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. You should be able to sleep or sit near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only downside to its springy nature is that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with an individual, you could feel each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or both of you is an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become among the top notable names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams, providing adequate support for 2 persons. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to disturb you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. It’s also possible to check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a serious quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is made with 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for side sleepers. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the shoulders and hips.
At the same time, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its foam with high density below the back, which should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of movement across the structure which makes it an ideal pick for couples. If you’re in the market of a super-soft bed, they should check out Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It comes in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model which means that most couples will be capable of finding the right bed for them. All of the options have solid edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should be aware of cooling when looking for the best mattress for them, since two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of a naturally cooling, similar to latex in the comfort layer. It also has a hybrid design with springs that have room for a lot of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to attract lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it a great mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings onto the customer. This is what makes the Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. The WinkBed is available with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support permitting you to spread all the way to the end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides mild pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as lots of support from its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the area) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a shape from a cushion of comfort foam that’s coated by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. This makes the Bear a great fit for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl in your Bear, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain at their lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses the combination with memory foam and poly foam, and pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the mattress. At the same time they’ll feel a squeeze due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat the way the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you end up opting for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty mattress, and it could be a good idea to assist you in moving it into your house (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that will cool you down at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from sleeping.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the feel. It also comes with the gel memory foam that, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover for many mattress models. Also made with a phase change material that assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only downside is it is a little slippery, which is why you may want to use a fitted sheet on your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a great option. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat assists in keeping your spine in a healthy alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is solid that it can be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only position that is suitable for this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable sleeping on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and allow you to get some relief from pressure and your hips should feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design has a lot of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely comfortable, and as an added touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel on the top. These features should help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel that memory foam provides. So if you’re a fan of that quicksand feeling, you may want to consider a different bed.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Shop here for our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders are sunk into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is composed of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused version from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah as it’s a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that is used to support on the edges of the bed and also the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Is the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my recommendations based on body type as well as age, sleep positions, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of support and pressure relief to keep their spines straight, and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality choices in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out why this is important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move around and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They often are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and combo sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam, and their feel is different. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a popular type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the top mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these mattresses. Look over the top latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper overnight! The best adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our review of the top air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our best mattresses under 1,000 as well as the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest a latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is important for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a look at the best soft mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) need a bed with extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select the best mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page for best mattresses for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for seniors to find one that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific sleeping needs as well! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas, as well as beds that have impressive Edge support and cooling features, and other needs that couples may consider.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex should browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Online Mattress For Side Sleeper FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this and it’s crucial to take your budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses in every price range! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for a few months by adding a mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to take a look at its warranty, which will give you an idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back discomfort?
The majority of people with back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for their back. This type of bed will aid in keeping your spine straight overnight and can ease some of the back pain. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. In this regard, they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses on this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider range, look through our list of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be a great match for side sleepers, most notably those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Online Mattress For Side Sleeper