So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed, but don’t know where to begin. Not only are there choices available at brick and mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more swirling within the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Top Online Mattress For Hot Sleepers
Keep in mind that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics from their bed, so what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
We kept a wide range of different categories when making our top choices. We hope that the majority of folks should be able to discover not only an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the details of each bed We’d like to talk a little bit about how we came to choose them.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab, putting every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score based on materials, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also take into account the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we considered each bed’s overall score into account. Every mattress in this list is rated 4 out of 5 or higher. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support and pressure relief cushioning, and quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the benefits of those costly models, but at an affordable cost. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feel , which is a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions, while side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to switch positions on any of the models thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is its coils offer the mattress outstanding edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only downside to its springy nature is that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either or both of you are the type of sleeper who is light.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need to worry about sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be among the top notable brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers can take a sleep quiz on the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, which is a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders. This is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid, there’s a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, which creates enough support for two persons. While this also results in a tiny bit of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to seriously disturb either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. It’s also possible to check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great value buy with a significant relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is made by using 5″ of luxurious mattress made of gel. This gives you plenty of comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for side sleepers. You should also feel intense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
However it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the entire structure and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Find a more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It comes in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model, so most couples should be capable of finding a bed that works for them. Each of them has strong edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce more body heat than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling latex-like foam that is in the comfort layer. It also has a hybrid design with springs that can accommodate a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out until the end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the region) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a shape from the comfort layer of memory foam infused by graphite. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. The Bear a great fit for those who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle in Bear Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain in the lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses the combination consisting of poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top bed. At the same time they’ll receive a squeeze by the foam memory.
The memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat the way traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to assist you in moving it into your house (and perhaps setting it up) once it arrives.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that will help keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. This mattress features cooling technology that draws body heat away from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and cushioning.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has the “Ghost Ice” cover for some mattress models. Also made with the Phase Change Material, it aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only downside is it could be slippery, which is why you may need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
For feel In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer side sleepers and back sleepers a balance of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as the bounce (a plus for sex).
If your primary concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat helps keep your spine in a neutral position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is so robust that it could be an ideal option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only option for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief while your hips are supported.
Hot sleepers will feel right at home on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable and, as an additional feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on the top. All of these features will assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling then you might want to reconsider your options.
Are you thinking that you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for the perfect blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is made of not two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam used in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which supports the sides of the bed, and also the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you were looking for then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my recommendations based on your body type as well as age, sleep position, and the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain straight, and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. They can find some high-quality choices in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out why this is essential in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like those in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They often feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam and their feeling differs widely. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. They are the most favored type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring and pressure relief. Look over the top memory foam mattresses to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people typically like these beds. Look over the best latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to help sleepers all night! The top adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the the top air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that can help you with different kinds of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about pain relief solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, take a look at the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed which is worth the price consider looking at the top mattresses for your cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses for under 1,000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for one of the following: Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote ventilation, which can be essential for keeping a low temperature in the night.
- My top breathable beds in our roundup of top cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a review of the top soft mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) need a bed with an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. To learn how to choose a mattress for your body type go to our site for top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for older people to find a feel that works for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to choose one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples and beds with impressive edge support, cooling options and other requirements that couples may be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex should check out our guide for mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Online Mattress For Hot Sleepers FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this, so it’s important to take your own budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a good foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the life of a mattress some time by using an mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to look over the warranty. It will give you an idea of the length it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is ideal for them. This type of bed will aid in keeping your spine straight overnight, which can help alleviate many of the discomfort. If you are looking for a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive choice, look through our list of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses on this list should be ideal for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially the Helix Midnight. Top Online Mattress For Hot Sleepers