If you’re looking of a mattress, but don’t know where to start. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more swirling within the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top Non Toxic Mattress For Side Sleepers
Well, keep in mind that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things from a bed, so what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while presenting our top picks. We hope that the majority of users will be able get not only the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each of these beds, we’d like to share an overview of how we came to select these beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products in our mattress lab, putting every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score in accordance with the material and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also take into account the performance of the brand, such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we really took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress in this list is rated 4 out of 5 or higher. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality materials that won’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those expensive models, but at lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feel , which is suitable for all types of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models while side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers will likely be able to switch positions on any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one or the other is a light sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made from Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping near harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely notable brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide enough support for two persons. While this also results in some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. You can also take a look at other of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example, the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a powerful quality of sleep without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is made with 5″ of luxurious mattress made of gel. This gives you plenty of comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for side sleepers. You should also feel immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
However the Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the structure and makes it a fantastic option for couples. If you’re in the market of a super-soft bed, they should check out Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Find a more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with your partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It comes in a Soft, Medium, and Firm model and most couples will be capable of finding the right bed for them. Each of them has sturdy edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples should consider cooling when choosing the best mattress for them, since two bodies emit more body heat than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, latex-like foam in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings to the consumer. This is what makes the Signature (and every one of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out until the end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness from its coil-like support layer. It also provides zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, depending on the location) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially in your back.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and supportive mattress. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with the comfort layer of memory foam infused with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it can increase blood flow and might help in recovering. It makes Bear an ideal choice for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with the Bear, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to keep their spines aligned and also get the relief from pressure in the lower back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses an amalgamation with memory foam and poly foam and pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the bed. In addition they’ll feel a squeeze by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat the way traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy bed, so it might be a good idea to assist you in the move into your home (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper seeking a bed that will to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
The first is an injection of Phase Change Material, a special textile which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam, which, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and cushioning.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy as a brand GhostBed is known for its “Ghost Ice” cover on some of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material which assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it could be slippery, so you may want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything neat and secure.
For feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer side sleepers and back sleepers a balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It is a combination of soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which helps keep the spine neutral alignment and avoids back problems. Actually the support is sturdy that it might also be a good option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only suitable position to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable sleeping on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should are supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely comfortable, and as an added bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on the top. All of these traits should aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting it’s a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
Are you thinking that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips sink into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is composed of not only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of these materials are made to keep the user cool, with the former being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of comfort and support you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up the sides of the bed as well as the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon the type of body and age, sleeping posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line, and they’ll typically find that in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality options in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is essential in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They often feature a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and mixed sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support and their feeling is different. Check out the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the most comfortable memory foam mattress to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using green Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these mattresses. Look over the best latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper throughout the night! A few of the top adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that can help you with kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the best pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress which is worth the price consider looking at the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under $1,000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for a mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote ventilation, which can be important for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our list of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a review of the best soft mattresses to ensure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) need a bed that provides additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. To learn how to choose the right mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site to find the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional-looking mattresses that provide support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for older people to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique sleep needs, as well! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples including beds with impressive Edge support and cooling features and other requirements that couples could take into consideration.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattress for sex can browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Non Toxic Mattress For Side Sleepers FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your personal budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses available in every price range! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of an old mattress for some time by adding the mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to take a look at the warranty. It will also provide you with a good idea of how long it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for them. This type of bed will assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate many of the pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re advised to choose mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses listed on this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. To get a larger range, check out our roundup of the top mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be ideal for sleepers who prefer side sleeping, most notably those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Non Toxic Mattress For Side Sleepers