If you’re looking of a mattress, but have no idea where to start. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top Non Toxic Mattress For Back Pain
Remember that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what’s best for one person may not work for another.
We made sure to keep a broad range of different categories when we made our top choices. Our hope is that most folks should be able to get not only an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds, we’d like to share an overview of the method we used to select them.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 products in our mattress lab, putting every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score based on materials and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also take into account brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress listed here is rated 4 or higher. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality mattress materials that don’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of the more costly models, but at an affordable cost. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feeling that is suitable for a variety of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable with the Luxury as well as the Firm model. While side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers will likely be able to change positions on any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model designed specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to this springy mattress is the fact that it results in fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or the other are the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most well-known names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz on the Helix website and take the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side is likely to be pointing towards the Helix Midnight — a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams that provide enough support for two persons. This also causes some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb the other person or you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. It’s also possible to look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a powerful comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed of 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour that can work wonders for side sleepers. They will also feel intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of movement across the mattress and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It is available in a Soft, Medium and Firm version and most couples will be capable of finding the bed that is right for their needs. Each of them has strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when looking for a new mattress, as two bodies emit more body heat than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling latex-like foam in the cushion layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that can accommodate lots of airflow.
Another feature that will be attractive to lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it a great mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings on to customers. This means that the Signature (and all of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes with four levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, which allows you to spread to the edge to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides gentle pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support from its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the region) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with the comfort layer of memory foam coated by graphite. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does the covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow, which could help with recovery. It makes Bear an ideal choice for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re eager to curl up with your Bear, get our most affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the pressure relief to prevent pain at low back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses a tandem with memory foam and poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the bed. In addition they’ll feel a touch of comfort from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat like traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you end up opting for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist you in the move into your house (and maybe even setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that can help cool you down at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology to draw body heat away from sleeping.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. It also comes with the gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and cushioning.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is famous for their “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material, it assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, so you may need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything neat and secure.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers a combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It blends soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat assists in keeping your spine within a neutral position and helps prevent back pain. In fact, the support is so robust that it could be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable that works with Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and let you enjoy some relief from pressure and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel right at home in the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable, and as an added feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel up the top. All of these traits should aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to consider a different bed.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is made of not only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers at a comfortable temperature, with the second being a graphite-infused version from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah as it’s a comfortable option for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports both sides of the mattress, and also the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon body type, age, sleep position, and the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate balance of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line, and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. They can find some high-quality options in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for back, stomach and mixed sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support and their comfort is different. Check out the best hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They employ layers of foam to both cushion and help the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known kind of all-foam mattress which offer a lot of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the best memory foam mattress to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these mattresses. Check out the best latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper all night! The top adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the top air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several different kinds of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our best mattresses under $1,000 as well as the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with one of the following: latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is crucial for keeping a low temperature in the night.
- My top breathable beds in our list of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lbs) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a look at the top soft mattresses to make sure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that offers additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select the best mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page to find the the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for seniors to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) it is essential to choose one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples and beds with impressive edges, cool options as well as other features that couples could take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex are able to browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Non Toxic Mattress For Back Pain FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the life of a mattress some time by putting on the mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to check its warranty. This will give you an idea of how long it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back stiffness?
Many people suffering from back pain discover that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for them. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight overnight and can ease a lot of back pain. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, check out our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. To get a larger choice, look through our list of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses listed here should be ideal for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially the Helix Midnight. Top Non Toxic Mattress For Back Pain