You’re looking to buy a brand new bed but aren’t sure what to look for. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top Memory Mattress For Side Sleepers
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from their bed, so what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when we made our top choices. We hope that the majority of users will be able find not just”the “best” mattress however, but one that is best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each bed We’d like to talk an overview of the method we used to select these beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score in accordance with the material, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we really took each bed’s overall score into account. Every mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 or higher. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality mattress materials that don’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those costly models, but at a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feel , which is a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach and back sleepers should be the most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models. While side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to change positions on any model, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one (or both) is the type of sleeper who is light.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have the worry of sleeping in a room with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most notable brands in the mattress market because of its customization. Customers can take a sleep quiz via the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two persons. While this also results in some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to disturb the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. You can also take a look at other of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For example, the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts The memory foam bed is built with 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
In addition the Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the mattress, making it a great choice for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Find a cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with your partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option which means that most couples will be in a position to find a bed that works for them. All of the options have solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should also take cooling into consideration when choosing the best mattress for them, since two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. However, this should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling latex-like foam in the cushion layer. It also has a hybrid design with springs that can accommodate lots of airflow.
Another feature that will be attractive to lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings onto the customer. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above), then you need a mattress that will adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels: Softer, Luxury Firm firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out to the very end of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as lots of support from its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the location) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale it is a Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from the comfort layer of memory foam that’s filled with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow and could aid in recovering. The Bear the perfect choice for anyone who is active.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on the Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure at their lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of the combination consisting of poly foam and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the mattress. While at the same time, they’ll get a little touch of comfort by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat like traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to help you with moving it into your home (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper seeking a bed that will help cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from sleeping.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special textile which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam that as well as being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is known for the “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority mattress models. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material that helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, so you may need to put a fitted sheet on your bed to keep it nice and snug.
For feel In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers the perfect balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great option. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which helps keep your spine within a neutral alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is so sturdy that it might also be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only suitable position to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and let you enjoy some relief from pressure while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on top. All of these traits should help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is comprised of not just two, but one layer of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are made to keep the user comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused version from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of support and comfort we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. at 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that is used to support the sides of the bed and also the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Is the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my recommendations based on body type, age, sleep posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate balance of pressure relief and support to keep their spines straight, and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality choices in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is essential in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for back, stomach and mixed sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam and their comfort differs widely. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known kind of all-foam mattress which offer a lot of body-contouring and pressure relief. Look over the top memory foam mattresses to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using environmentally friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these mattresses. Check out the best latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper all night! The most comfortable adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that reduces the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses which can ease kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost check out the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re on a tight budget, check out our best mattresses under 1,000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our list of best mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lb) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that those who sleep light to look at the top soft mattresses to ensure that they have the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) require a mattress with extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. For more information on how to select the best mattress that suits your body go to our site for top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer mobility and support, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for seniors to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have specific requirements for sleep, as well! Find out more about selecting an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to pick an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples including beds that have impressive edges, cool options, and other needs that couples may be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to check out our guide for mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Memory Mattress For Side Sleepers FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your personal budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses available in every price range! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress can be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for several months by putting on the mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to look over the warranty. It can also give you a good idea of the length it should last.
What is the best mattress for back discomfort?
The majority of people with back pain find that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for those with back pain. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night and can ease some of the back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. In this regard, they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list that include they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive selection, they can always look through our list of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses in this list will be ideal for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Memory Mattress For Side Sleepers