If you’re looking for a new mattress but have no idea where to start. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top Memory Foam Mattress Topper For The Money
Keep in mind that the word “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
This is why we have a variety of categories in mind when presenting our top choices. Our goal is that all people will be able to get not only an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the details of each bed We’d like to talk an overview of the process we used to select them.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products through our bed lab, putting each one through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. From there, we give every bed an overall score in accordance with the material as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also factor in the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best among the top, we really considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress on this list is rated 4/5 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you must look for a bed that checks all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support and pressure relief cushioning, and quality materials that won’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those costly models, but at an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feel , which is suitable for a variety of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be the most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models while side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to quickly change positions on any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only downside to its springy nature is that it causes an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one (or both) are an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping near harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top notable names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz on the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. As a hybrid that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two persons. Although this can cause the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. You can also look at our other top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example it’s the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a serious relaxation punch, without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts The memory foam bed is made of 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
However it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of movement across the structure and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Find a better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option and most couples will be able to find the bed that is right for their preferences. All models have solid edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion isolation, keeping your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies give off more body heat than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, latex-like foam in the comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for lots of airflow.
Another trait that should be attractive to lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings to the consumer. This means that the Signature (and all of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that’s still an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. These springs are strengthened, resulting in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread all the way to the edge to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the location) to help you alleviate discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed out of sustainable Tencel and the coils permit an abundance of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale, the Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be sufficient support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from the comfort layer of memory foam infused by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable characteristic of Celliant. There are studies that show it can increase blood flow, which could help with recovery. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for athletes or anyone who is active.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with your Bear, get our most affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need lots of support to keep their spines aligned and also get the relief from pressure at low back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses the combination consisting of poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the mattress. In addition they’ll feel a bit of a hug from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat like traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up opting for the DreamCloud, know that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist in the process of the move into your home (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that will keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology to draw your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. It also has an underlying layer of gel memory foam which, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material that helps with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it could be slippery, so you may want to use a fitted sheet on your bed that keeps everything nice and snug.
For feel in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs a balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It blends soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that helps keep your spine within a neutral alignment and prevents back issues. In fact, the support is so robust that it could be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only suitable position for this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the mattress and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy, and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin layer of cooling gel on top. These features should help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel of memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel then you might want to reconsider your options.
Are you thinking that you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth noting that this comfort section is made of not two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are specifically designed to keep sleepers at a comfortable temperature, with the latter being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of comfort and support we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. at 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that supports the sides of the bed, and also the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for then you could benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based upon the type of body, age, sleep positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Check out our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line and usually, that’s in a mattress that is medium-firm. There are some top-quality choices in the top mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based on coil support systems. They often are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for back, stomach and combo sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support, and their feel is different. Find the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a popular type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the best memory foam mattress to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using green Dunlop or Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these mattresses. Take a look at the top latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to help sleepers overnight! A few of the best adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the top air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that helps mitigate pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price consider looking at the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, see our top mattresses for under 1,000 as well as the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- My top breathable beds in our roundup of top cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lb) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a glance at top soft mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) need a bed that provides additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose a mattress for your body type, visit our page for best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattress for seniors to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique sleeping needs too! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to pick an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples and mattresses that offer exceptional edges, cool features, and other needs that couples could take into consideration.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattress for sex can browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Memory Foam Mattress Topper For The Money FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your personal budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found at all price points! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the life of an old mattress for several months by adding a mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s essential to take a look at its warranty. This can also give you a good idea of the length it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for those with back pain. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight during the night as well as help ease some of the pain. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, check out our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses listed on this list it’s those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. To get a larger choice, go through our selection of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses in this list will be a great match for sleepers who prefer side sleeping, most notably the Helix Midnight. Top Memory Foam Mattress Topper For The Money