You’re looking for a new mattress, but don’t know where to begin. Not only are there choices available at brick and mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot of others circulating in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattresses for the year 2022? Top Memory Foam Mattress For Sex
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we have a variety of different categories when presenting our top picks. Our hope is that most folks should be able to get not only the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each of these beds, we’d like to share an overview of how we came to choose these beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put every mattress through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score based on materials, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 or higher. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you must choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality materials that won’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more costly models, but at lower costs. With a durable coil-on-coil structure, it offers an innerspring-like feel , which is a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be the most comfortable with the Luxury as well as the Firm model. While those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to quickly switch positions on any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils give the bed exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit near the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only downside to this springy mattress is the fact that it results in fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one or both of you is an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made from Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need to worry about sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most notable brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz via the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 people. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you need to shell out a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain with a significant comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is constructed by using 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for side sleepers. You should also feel immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time the Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath the back, which are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion across the entire structure which makes it an ideal option for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with your partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It is available in a Soft, Medium and Firm option and most couples will be capable of finding the right bed for their preferences. All of the options have solid edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit more body heat than one. However, this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has an naturally cool, latex-like foam in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that can accommodate a lot of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings on to customers. This is what makes the Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. The WinkBed is available in four different levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These springs are strengthened, resulting in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out until the edge in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the area) to ease aches and pains, especially for back pain.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel and the coils provide plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks looking for a firm and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a more contouring with a cushion of comfort foam infused with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. It makes Bear a great fit for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl in Bear Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to keep their spines aligned and also get the pressure relief to prevent pain in the lower back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses an amalgamation consisting of poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than the medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top bed. In addition they’ll feel a bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
The memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat as the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to help you with the move into your home (and maybe even setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper seeking a bed that will help to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. This mattress features cooling technology to draw your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
The first is an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the feel. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam which, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known for the “Ghost Ice” cover on some mattress models. It is also made of the Phase Change Material which helps with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, which is why you may want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it neat and secure.
For feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is staying cool, you’ll love GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great option. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping the spine neutral alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is sturdy that it might also be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel right at home in the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly breathable, and as an added feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel up over the top. These features should help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel like memory foam. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand then you might want to reconsider your options.
Are you thinking that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context medium firm is 6.5/10). This means that this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who will feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is composed of not two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of them are specifically designed to keep sleepers at a comfortable temperature, with the latter being a graphite-infused variation that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah as it’s an ideal choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of support and comfort we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which supports both sides of the bed, and also the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my suggestions based on your body type and age, sleeping positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines straight, and they’ll typically find that in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end options in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out why this is important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to those in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built on coil support systems. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach and combo sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support and their feeling varies widely. Find the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam that provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. They are the most well-known kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the best memory foam mattresses to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from green Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these beds. Look over the top latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper all night! Some of the best adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our review of the top air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several different types of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the best sciatica mattresses articles to learn more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, check out the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price, take a look at the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, check out our top mattresses that cost less than 1,000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with an innerspring, Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is crucial for keeping a low temperature in the night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our list of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to glance at top soft mattresses to make sure they have the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) require a mattress with an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose a mattress that suits your body, visit our page to find the top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for older adults to find one that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to pick an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas including mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling options as well as other features that couples may take into consideration.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex are able to browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Memory Foam Mattress For Sex FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this and it’s crucial to take your budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is usually considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the lifespan of an old mattress for several months by using the mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to take a look at its warranty. This will also provide you with a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress for back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find that a medium or firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate many of the pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses listed on this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider choice, check out our roundup of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they tend to prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. The majority of mattresses on this list should be a great match for side sleepers especially those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Memory Foam Mattress For Sex