So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed but aren’t sure what to look for. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating within the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top Memory Foam Mattress For Pressure Relief
Keep in mind that the word “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we have a variety of categories in mind when we made our top choices. We hope that the majority of users will be able find not just an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the in-depth details of each bed we’d like to tell you an overview of the process we used to select the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab, putting every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating according to the materials used and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every mattress listed here is rated 4/5 or higher. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more costly models, but at lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feeling that is an ideal fit for a variety of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models. While those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to quickly change positions on any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it causes fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one or both of you is an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become an extremely notable brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers can take a test on their sleep via the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body, and it cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams, providing enough support for two people. This also causes some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to seriously disturb either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. You can also take a look at other of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example, the Nectar mattress is a great value buy with a significant relaxation punch, without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is made by using 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushions at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time the Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath the back, which will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion across the structure and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with someone else The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It is available in a Soft, Medium and Firm option, so most couples should be in a position to find the right bed for them. All models have solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when choosing an appropriate mattress, because two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature mattress, which is made of the naturally cooling similar to latex in the comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings onto the customer. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and any of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that’s still an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over), then you need a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out all the way to the very end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness thanks to its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the area) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale it is a Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from the comfortable layer of memory foam that’s coated by graphite. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow and might help in recovering. The Bear the perfect choice for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re eager to curl in your Bear, get our most affordable deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the pressure relief to prevent pain in low back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines the combination consisting of poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the bed. In addition they’ll feel a bit of a hug from the memory foam.
The memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat as the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you end up choosing the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to assist in the process of the move into your house (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that will to cool down during the night The GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. This mattress features cooling technology that draws body heat away from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special textile that draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam, which is, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature as a brand GhostBed is known by their “Ghost Ice” cover for some of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material which assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it is a little slippery, which is why you may need to put a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It blends soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping your spine within a balanced alignment and avoids back problems. Actually, the support is so solid that it can be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable that works with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be at ease sleeping on your back. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, while your hips are supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly comfortable, and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on top. These features should assist in helping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel then you might want to consider a different bed.
Are you thinking that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s a bit soft, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is made of not two, but one layer of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of comfort and support we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support both sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based upon the type of body as well as age, sleep position, and the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good combination of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line, and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built in coil systems to provide support. They usually feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support, and their feel is different. Find the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They employ layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring and pressure relief. Look over the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these beds. Look over the most popular latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper throughout the night! The most comfortable adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our review of the best air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several different kinds of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to learn more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our best mattresses under $1,000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is essential to keep the temperature low in the night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our list of best mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lb) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest those who sleep light to glance at best soft mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) need a bed with extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. To find out how to pick a mattress that suits your body check out our website for best mattresses for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleeping needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for older people to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique sleep needs, too! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) it is essential to pick one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples, as well as beds with impressive edges, cool features, and other needs that couples could be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex are able to browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Memory Foam Mattress For Pressure Relief FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this, so it’s important to take your own budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a good foundation or care for it in a rough way. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of an old mattress for a few months by putting on the mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to take a look at its warranty, which will also provide you with an idea of how long it should last.
What is the best mattress for back discomfort?
The majority of people with back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight overnight as well as help ease a lot of discomfort. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. With that in mind, they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list that include those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive range, go through our selection of the most comfortable mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. The majority of mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides particularly the Helix Midnight. Top Memory Foam Mattress For Pressure Relief