If you’re looking for a new mattress but aren’t sure where to begin. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more swirling in the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Top Memory Foam Mattress For Obese
Remember that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from their bed, so what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of different categories when we made our top choices. We hope that the majority of folks should be able to find not just the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the details of each of these beds, we’d like to share a little bit about the process we used to select these beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattress models through our bed lab, putting every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating based on materials and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every last mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality materials that won’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those expensive models, but at a more affordable price. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feeling that is a good fit for all types of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers should be most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models, while side sleepers will appreciate the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to switch positions on any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model specially designed for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it results in fairly high motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either or the other are a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top well-known brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers can take a test on their sleep via the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Because it’s a hybrid mattress, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, providing adequate support for 2 persons. This also causes some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with more foam layer. Also, you can take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example, the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress with a significant comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts The memory foam bed is built by using 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the shoulders and hips.
In addition the Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below the back, which will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the structure, making it a great option for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm version which means that most couples will be able to find a bed that works for their preferences. Each of them has sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature, which has an naturally cool, similar to latex in the comfort layer. It also has an innovative design that incorporates springs that allow for lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it to latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes with four levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread to the very end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also provides zoned support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, depending on the area) to ease aches and pains, especially on your back.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale it is a Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and supportive bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from a cushion of comfort foam infused by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it also promotes blood flow and could aid with recovery. It makes Bear the perfect choice for those who lives an active life.
If you’re ready to curl in the Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the relief from pressure in low back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of the combination of memory foam, poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top bed. In addition they’ll receive a squeeze by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat like traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud, know that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to help you with the move into your house (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that will keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws body heat away from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. It also has the gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and cushioning.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on many mattress models. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material which aids in ensuring that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it nice and snug.
For feel In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping the spine healthy alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is robust that it could be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel at ease sleeping on your back. Your shoulders should sink into the mattress and give you some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel comfortable on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable and as an added touch, it has a thin coating of cooling gel up over the top. All of these traits should help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel like memory foam. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel, you may want to reconsider your options.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are made to keep the user comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may like the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of support and comfort you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up both sides of the bed as well as the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based on the type of body and age, sleeping posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality options in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a a medium-firm feel, like the ones we have in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based on coil support systems. They often have a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support and their feeling is different. Find the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They employ layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the best memory foam mattress to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination often like these mattresses. Look over the best latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper all night! Some of the most comfortable adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our roundup of the the top air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several different types of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the most suitable mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price, take a look at the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under $1,000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for a mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be essential to keep the temperature low during the night.
- Here are my top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of best cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lb) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a glance at top soft mattresses to ensure that they have the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that offers an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. To learn how to choose a mattress for your body type go to our site for best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for older people to discover a feeling that will work well for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique sleep needs, too! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to pick an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples and mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling options, and other needs that couples could consider.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattresses for sex are able to check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Memory Foam Mattress For Obese FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this, so it’s important to take your budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found in every price range! A budget mattress is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the life of a mattress that is old for a few months by putting on the mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to look over the warranty. It can also give you an idea of how long it should last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for their back. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight overnight, which can help alleviate some of the discomfort. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. This is why they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses listed on this list, those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive range, look through our list of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly the Helix Midnight. Top Memory Foam Mattress For Obese