If you’re looking for a new mattress, but don’t know what to look for. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattresses for the year 2022? Top Memory Foam Mattress For Kids
Well, keep in mind that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when we made our top choices. Our hope is that most people will be able to find not just the “best” mattress however, but one that is best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each bed, we’d like to share an overview of how we came to choose them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattress models through our bed lab. We’ve put every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating according to the materials used, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress on this list is rated 4/5 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must find a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality mattress materials that don’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those costly models, but for lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features a traditional innerspring feel that should be a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be most comfortable with the Luxury as well as the Firm model while side sleepers will appreciate the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to quickly change positions on any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sleep or sit near the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one (or both) are a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most notable brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website that takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two persons. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. Also, you can look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress with a significant comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is made by using 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the shoulders and hips.
However the Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath the back, which should enjoy the medium level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion across the structure which makes it an ideal pick for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm option which means that most couples will be in a position to find the right bed for them. All of the options have sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should be aware of cooling when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies give off more body heat than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature, which has an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This means that the Signature (and all of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to adequately support you. The WinkBed is available in four different levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support which allows you to spread all the way to the end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support from its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the location) to ease aches and pains, especially in your back.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale it is a Bear will appeal to those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a shape from a cushion of comfort foam that’s filled by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does the covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow and could aid with recovery. The Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who is active.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with your Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain at low back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of an amalgamation consisting of poly foam and pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. In addition, they’ll get a little bit of a hug from the memory foam.
The memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat as traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils create space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be a good idea to help you with moving it into your home (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper seeking a bed that will help cool you down at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. It also has an underlying layer of gel memory foam that, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and cushioning.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is famous for its “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on many mattress models. Also made with a phase change material, it assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, so you may prefer a fitted sheet on your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers the perfect balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your primary concern is staying cool, you’ll love GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping your spine within a balanced alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is so solid that it can be a great alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only suitable position for this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel right at home with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable and, as an additional touch, it has a thin coating of cooling gel on over the top. All of these features will help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel, you may want to look elsewhere.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth noting that this comfort section is composed of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the former being a graphite-infused version from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah as it’s a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. at 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which supports the sides of the bed, and also the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my recommendations based on body type and age, sleeping posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good combination of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in a medium-firm mattress. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips aligned with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built on coil support systems. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam and their comfort is different. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They make use of layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the best memory foam mattress to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these mattresses. Check out the top latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper overnight! A few of the most comfortable adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several different types of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the cost, take a look at the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under $1000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest a mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase airflow, which is essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum in the night.
- Here are my top breathable beds in our roundup of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lb) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a look at the top soft mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) need a bed with extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose a mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page to find the the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for older people to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique sleep needs, too! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a companion (or pet! ) it is essential to pick one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples and beds with impressive edge support, cooling options and other requirements that couples may be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex should browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Memory Foam Mattress For Kids FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your personal budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses at all price points! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the life of an old mattress for a few months by using the mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to check the warranty. It can also give you a good idea of the length it will last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Many people suffering from back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for them. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate a lot of back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, look through our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive selection, they can always look through our list of the top mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be ideal for side sleepers especially those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Memory Foam Mattress For Kids