So you’re in the market for a new mattress, but have no idea where to begin. There are plenty of options available at brick and mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot of others circulating in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Top Memory Foam Mattress For Hot Sleepers
Remember that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different people require different things from a bed, so what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while making our top choices. Our goal is that all people will be able to get not only an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each of these beds we’d like to tell you a little bit about the method we used to select the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses within our lab for mattresses, running every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. From there, we give each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account brand performance with categories like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress listed here is rated 4 out of 5 or higher. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should find a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those costly models, but for lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers an innerspring-like feeling that is a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models. While side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers will likely be able to easily switch positions on any of the models, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is its coils give the bed outstanding edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it creates fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one or the other is an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely notable names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams, providing enough support for two people. Although this can cause some bounce, it’s not enough to disturb either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. Also, you can check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example the Nectar mattress is a great bargain with a significant comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is built of 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some intense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
In addition, the Nectar provides enough support with the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion across the entire structure, making it a great choice for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Find a more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with your partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It is available in a Soft, Medium and Firm option, so most couples should be capable of finding a bed that works for their needs. All of the options have strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples must also consider cooling when looking for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies give off more body heat than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, latex-like foam in the comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative hybrid design, with springs that can accommodate lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings to the consumer. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and all of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out until the end of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides gentle pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and plenty of firm support from its coil-like support layer. It also provides zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, depending on the area) to help ease aches and pains, especially for back pain.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and supportive mattress. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a more contouring with the cushion of comfort foam that’s infused by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow and might help in the recovery process. The Bear a great fit for athletes or anyone who is active.
If you’re ready to curl up on your Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain in low back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of a tandem consisting of poly foam, and pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. At the same time they’ll receive a squeeze due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat like the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a hefty mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist you in moving it into your house (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are seeking a bed that will cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one you’re looking for. The mattress has cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the skin. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is known as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover for many their mattresses. It is also made of a phase change material which aids in ensuring that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, so you may prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give the back and side sleepers an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It combines soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that aids in keeping your spine within a balanced alignment and avoids back problems. In fact, the support is so solid that it can be a great alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But it’s not the only suitable position to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and give you some refreshing pressure relief while your hips feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy and, as an additional touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up the top. These features should assist in helping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel of memory foam. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand then you might want to look elsewhere.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Check out our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for a mixture of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth noting that the comfort section is made of not two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the former being a graphite-infused version from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll get that mix of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which supports on the edges of the bed, and also the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my recommendations based on body type as well as age, sleep posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their hips and shoulders. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good combination of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality choices in the best mattresses that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built in coil systems to provide support. They often are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support, and their feel varies widely. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They employ layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. They are the most popular type of all-foam mattress that offers a wide range of body-contouring and pressure relief. Check out the top mattress made of memory foam to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually made with eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these mattresses. Check out the best latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper all night! Some of the best adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several kinds of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the best pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our top mattresses for under $1000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with one of the following: latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum in the night.
- My top breathable beds in our list of best mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lbs) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a review of the top soft mattresses to ensure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) require a mattress with an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick the best mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site for the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for older adults to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique sleeping needs as well! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to choose a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples for some examples, as well as beds that have impressive Edge support and cooling options, and other needs that couples could consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex should check out our guide for beds that are supple and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Memory Foam Mattress For Hot Sleepers FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your own budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses available at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a good foundation or care for it in a rough way. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of an old mattress for some time by using the mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to check its warranty, which will also provide you with an idea of the length it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back discomfort?
The majority of people with back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for them. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight overnight as well as help ease a lot of pain. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive range, check out our roundup of the most comfortable mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. The majority of mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for side sleepers especially those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Memory Foam Mattress For Hot Sleepers