If you’re looking to buy a brand new bed but have no idea where to begin. There are plenty of options available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Top Memory Foam Mattress For Heavy Side Sleepers
Remember that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things from a bed, so what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
That’s why we kept a wide range of different categories when presenting our top picks. We hope that the majority of users will be able discover not only the “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the details of each bed we’d like to tell you some details about the method we used to select the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account the performance of the brand, such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress in this list is rated 4/5 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those costly models, but at lower costs. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feel , which is a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be the most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models, while side sleepers will appreciate using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to change positions on any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for heavier sleepers.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s about to fall down or cause you to fall off. The only downside to this springy mattress is the fact that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either (or both) is a light sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most recognizable brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test through the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pocketed coils below the foams, which creates enough support for two people. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb you or your partner. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. It’s also possible to look at our other top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a powerful quality of sleep without spending a lot of money.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed by using 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the mattress and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version which means that most couples will be in a position to find a bed that works for their preferences. Each of them has solid edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should also consider cooling when choosing the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce more body heat than one. However, this should not be a problem for the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, latex-like foam in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another feature that will be attractive to lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more), then you need an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. The WinkBed is available with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support permitting you to spread to the very end to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides gentle pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also provides zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the region) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly for back pain.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for a ton of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale it is a Bear is a good choice for those in search of a firm and supportive mattress. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from a comfortable layer of memory foam coated with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. It makes Bear a great fit for those who is active.
If you’re ready to curl up with the Bear, get our most affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure at low back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses the combination of memory foam, poly foam and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the mattress. In addition they’ll receive a touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
The memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat as traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty mattress, and it could be a good idea to assist in the process of moving it into your home (and perhaps setting it up) once it arrives.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that will to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. This mattress features cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. It also has the gel memory foam which as well as being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority mattress models. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material which helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it could be slippery, so you may prefer a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything nice and snug.
In terms of feel in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great option. It blends soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping the spine healthy alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is solid that it can be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position for this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and allow you to get some relief from pressure while your hips still feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy and, as an additional bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on top. These features should aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to reconsider your options.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders sink into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is made of not only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers at a comfortable temperature, with the latter being a graphite-infused variation that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that holds up the sides of the bed and also the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based on body type, age, sleep positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality choices in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones we have in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built in coil systems to provide support. They often feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach and combination sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support and their comfort differs widely. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam that cushion and support the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known type of all-foam mattress that offers a wide range of body-contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the best memory foam mattresses to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually made with eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these beds. Check out the most popular latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper all night! Some of the top adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the the best air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with different kinds of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about pain relief solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost consider looking at the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is essential for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our roundup of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a look at the best soft mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) need a bed that provides additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. For more information on how to select the right mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page to find the top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for older adults to discover a feeling that will work well for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have specific sleeping needs as well! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to pick an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas, as well as beds that have impressive Edge support and cooling options, and other needs that couples could take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy can check out our guide for beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Memory Foam Mattress For Heavy Side Sleepers FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your personal budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses available at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the lifespan of an old mattress for a few months by using the mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, you need to take a look at its warranty. This will also provide you with a good idea of the length it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover that a firm or medium-firm mattress is best for those with back pain. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight during the night as well as help ease many of the pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will ease your back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses listed on this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider choice, look through our list of the top mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses on this list should be ideal for side sleepers, most notably those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Memory Foam Mattress For Heavy Side Sleepers