If you’re looking for a new mattress, but don’t know where to start. There are plenty of options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more swirling in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top Memory Foam Mattress For Heavy Person Uk
Remember that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we kept a wide range of categories in mind when presenting our top choices. Our hope is that most people will be able to get not only an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the details of each of these beds We’d like to talk an overview of how we came to choose these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab, putting each one through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also consider the performance of the brand, such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent out of them, we really considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to look for a bed that ticks all the right boxes. You want something with good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more costly models, but for an affordable cost. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feel , which is suitable for a variety of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach and back sleepers should be most comfortable on Luxury as well as the Firm model, while side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to quickly change positions on any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only drawback to this springy mattress is the fact that it causes fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one or both of you is an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely recognizable names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz via the Helix website and take the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into account so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper most likely, you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Because it’s a hybrid mattress with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide enough support for two people. While this also results in some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For example it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a serious relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts, this memory foam bed is built by using 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for side sleepers. You should also feel immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion across the mattress and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with your partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version, so most couples should be in a position to find a bed that works for their preferences. All of the options have strong edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies give off much more heat to the body than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, latex-like foam in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and every one of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above), then you need an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. The WinkBed is available with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. The strengthened springs result in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread all the way to the very end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides gentle pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and ample firmness from its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, depending on the area) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made out of sustainable Tencel and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale it is a Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and supportive bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for back sleepers. they’ll also get a little shape from a cushion of comfort foam infused by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. This makes the Bear a great fit for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re ready to curl up on your Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure in their lower back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of a tandem consisting of poly foam and pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re sitting on top of the bed. While at the same time they’ll receive a squeeze by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat as the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be beneficial to assist you in getting it in your home (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that can help keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. This mattress features cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from sleeping.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the feel. It also comes with the gel memory foam that as well as being cooling, offers lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous by the “Ghost Ice” cover on some mattress models. It is also made of a Phase Change Material that aids in ensuring that to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only downside is it can be a bit slippery, so you may prefer a fitted sheet on your bed to keep it nice and snug.
For feel in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent choice. It blends soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat assists in keeping your spine in a balanced position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is so solid that it can be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only option to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, and your hips should feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on the top. All of these traits should help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
You think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide a mixture of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that this comfort section is composed of not two, but one layer of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also enjoy the Nolah as it’s a comfortable option for couples. It’s not just that they’ll get that mix of support and comfort you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that holds up both sides of the bed, as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my recommendations based on your body type and age, sleeping position, and the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines straight, and they’ll typically find that in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the best mattresses that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s essential in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a cushioned mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They often have a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for stomach, back, and combination sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support and their comfort is different. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a favored type of all-foam mattress , which offers a wide range of body-contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the most comfortable mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually made with green Dunlop and Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these beds. Take a look at the best latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to help sleepers overnight! A few of the best adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our review of the top air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses which can ease different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at getting a top-quality mattress which is worth the price check out the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our best mattresses under $1000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest an innerspring, Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase airflow, which is crucial to keep the temperature low at night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lbs) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a glance at top soft mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) need a bed with an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select the best mattress that suits your body, visit our page for best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for older people to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique sleep needs, as well! Find out more about selecting an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ) it is essential to pick one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples including beds with impressive Edge support and cooling features as well as other features that couples could consider.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex are able to look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Memory Foam Mattress For Heavy Person Uk FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this and it’s crucial to take your budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress several months by using the mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to check its warranty, which will also provide you with an idea of how long it should last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Many people suffering from back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is ideal for their back. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight during the night as well as help ease some of the discomfort. If you are looking for a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider selection, they can always go through our selection of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. The majority of mattresses on this list should be ideal for those who sleep on their sides especially the Helix Midnight. Top Memory Foam Mattress For Heavy Person Uk