So you’re in the market of a mattress, but have no idea where to start. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more swirling within the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal bed for you in 2022? Top Memory Foam Mattress For Camping
Remember that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what works for one person will not work for another.
This is why we have a variety of categories in mind when presenting our top picks. Our goal is that all users will be able get not only the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the in-depth details of each bed, we’d like to share some details about how we came to select them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products through our bed lab, running every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also take into account the performance of the brand, such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the best among the top, we considered each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those expensive models, but at lower costs. With a durable coil-on-coil design, it features a traditional innerspring feel , which is suitable for a variety of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions while side sleepers will appreciate using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to easily switch positions on any model, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one or the other are the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top recognizable names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test through the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body, and it cradles vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide adequate support for 2 persons. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. Also, you can look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy that packs a serious quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts The memory foam bed is built with 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
However the Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of movement across the entire structure which makes it an ideal option for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with your partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm version and most couples will be able to find a bed that works for them. All models have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples should consider cooling when choosing an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce more body heat than one. However, this should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling latex-like foam in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that allow for plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will attract lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings on to customers. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will adequately support you. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out until the edge to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also provides zoned support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the area) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially on your back.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel and the coils permit an abundance of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness, the Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and supportive mattress. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a more contouring with a cushion of comfort foam infused with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow, which could help in recovering. The Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl up with Bear Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure in their lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines a tandem of memory foam, poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the bed. In addition, they’ll get a little squeeze from the memory foam.
The memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat as the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up opting for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be beneficial to help you with moving it into your home (and perhaps setting it up) once it arrives.
Have you bought you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that will cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology to draw the body’s heat from the sleeper.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. It also has a layer of gel memory foam, which is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is known for their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some mattress models. Also made with a phase change material, it aids in ensuring that to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, so you may want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything nice and snug.
For feel in terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It is a combination of soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that helps keep the spine healthy position and helps prevent back pain. Actually, the support is so sturdy that it might also be an ideal option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable for this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and allow you to get some relief from pressure and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer has a lot of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin layer of cooling gel on over the top. All of these features will help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting it’s a receptive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel of memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to look elsewhere.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils to provide the perfect blend of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders sink into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is made of not only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah as it’s an ideal choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up both sides of the bed, as well as the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon body type, age, sleep position, and the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their hips and shoulders. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. You can find high-end choices in the best mattresses that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s essential in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They often feature a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and combination sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam and their comfort is different. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam to both cushion and help the sleeper. They are the most favored type of all-foam mattress , which offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the best memory foam mattress to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often made with eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Combination sleepers and heavy people typically like these mattresses. Take a look at the most popular latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers overnight! The most comfortable adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of the top air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the most suitable mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at getting a top-quality mattress which is worth the price, take a look at the top mattresses for your cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our top mattresses for under 1,000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for one of the following: Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our roundup of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a review of the best soft mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) require a mattress that provides an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose the right mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site to find the top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleeping needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for seniors to discover a feeling that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique sleeping needs as well! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples, as well as beds that have impressive edge support, cooling features as well as other features that couples may be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy can browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Memory Foam Mattress For Camping FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this, so it’s important to take your personal budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least each 7-10 years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the life of a mattress some time by using an mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to check its warranty, which can also give you a good idea of the length it should last.
What is the best mattress for back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain will find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. This kind of bed can assist you in keeping your spine straight overnight and can ease some of the pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. To get a larger selection, they can always look through our list of the top mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Memory Foam Mattress For Camping