So you’re in the market for a new mattress, but don’t know where to start. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top Memory Foam Mattress For Big Guys
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
We kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while presenting our top choices. Our hope is that most people will be able to discover not only the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each bed we’d like to tell you a little bit about the process we used to select them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattress models through our bed lab, running each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. From there, we give each mattress an overall score based on materials, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also take into account the performance of the brand, such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the best among the top, we considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress in this list is rated 4 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must look for a bed that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of costly models, but for a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers an innerspring-like feeling that is an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models, while side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to easily shift positions with any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. You should be able to sleep or sit near the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only downside to this springy mattress is the fact that it creates fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or both of you are the type of sleeper who is light.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become one of the most well-known brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers can take a sleep quiz on the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper most likely, you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two persons. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to disturb the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. You can also take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance, it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy with a significant relaxation punch, without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts The memory foam bed is made by using 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that could work wonders for side sleepers. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
However the Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below the back, which are likely to appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of movement across the structure which makes it an ideal pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It is available in a Medium, Soft and Firm version, so most couples should be capable of finding a bed that works for them. All models have solid edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. However, this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, latex-like foam in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This makes the Signature (and every one of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will comfortably support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread all the way to the very end to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, depending on the area) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially in your back.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils allow for a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale it is a Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for back sleepers. they’ll also benefit from a shape from the comfortable layer of memory foam that’s coated by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noteworthy aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow and might help in recovering. It makes Bear a great fit for athletes or anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl in your Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain in the lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses the combination of memory foam, poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top mattress. At the same time they’ll receive a bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat as traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to assist you in getting it in your house (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot looking for a mattress that will to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from the sleeper.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam that as well as being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy as a brand GhostBed is famous as the brand that has the “Ghost Ice” cover on the majority of its mattresses. It is also made of a Phase Change Material which helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it is a little slippery, which is why you may need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
For feel in terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs the perfect combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping your spine in a healthy position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is sturdy that it might also be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel right at home with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable and, as an additional touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel up over the top. All of these features will help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to look elsewhere.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who will feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is comprised of not just two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are specifically designed to keep sleepers at a comfortable temperature, with the former being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also an ideal choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll experience the mix of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. at 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which is used to support both sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based upon your body type, age, sleep posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain straight, and they’ll typically find that in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality choices in the best mattresses that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They often feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam and their comfort is different. Find the top hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known type of all-foam mattress , which offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these beds. Take a look at the most popular latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper all night! Some of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our review of best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options which can ease kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 as well as the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest one of the following: latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is important for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- My top breathable beds in our list of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lbs) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a look at the best soft mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) need a bed that offers additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick a mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site for the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our best mattresses for seniors to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have their own sleeping needs as well! Find out more about selecting an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a companion (or pet! ) it is essential to pick one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples for some examples including beds with impressive edges, cool features, and other needs that couples could take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex are able to look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Memory Foam Mattress For Big Guys FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this, so it’s important to take your personal budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses available at all price points! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the lifespan of a mattress some time by putting on a mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to look over the warranty. It can also give you an idea of how long it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover that a medium or firm mattress is best for their back. This type of bed will aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate many of the discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list that include those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. To get a larger choice, go through our selection of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for side sleepers especially those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Memory Foam Mattress For Big Guys