You’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but have no idea where to start. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattress for 2022? Top Memory Foam Mattress For Adjustable Bed
Remember that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we have a variety of subjects in our mind while we made our top picks. We hope that the majority of people will be able to discover not only an “best” mattress however, but one that is best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the details of each bed We’d like to talk a little bit about how we came to select them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses, running every mattress through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. From there, we give each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every mattress listed here is rated 4 out of 5 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support and pressure relief cushioning, and quality mattress materials that don’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more costly models, but for a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feeling that is suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be the most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models. While side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to shift positions with any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to this springy mattress is the fact that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or the other is the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most well-known names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders. This is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 persons. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. Also, you can check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress with a significant comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed with 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for side sleepers. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below the back, which should enjoy the medium level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion across the mattress, making it a great pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It comes in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model, so most couples should be able to find the right bed for their preferences. All of the options have strong edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should be aware of cooling when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. However, this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of a naturally cooling, latex-like foam in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it a great mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings onto the customer. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and every one of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that’s still an excellent, premium feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds and above), then you need an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. The WinkBed is available in four different levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out until the edge of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness from its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the region) to help ease aches and pains, especially in your back.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. There’s a breathable cover made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale it is a Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with the cushion of comfort foam that’s coated with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable characteristic of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow, which could help in recovering. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for athletes or anyone who is active.
If you’re looking to snuggle in your Bear, get our most affordable deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain in low back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of a tandem with memory foam and poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top bed. In addition they’ll feel a bit of a hug from the memory foam.
The memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat the way traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist you in getting it in your house (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot seeking a bed that will cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from sleepers.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. It also has the gel memory foam, which is, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and cushioning.
One other notable cooling feature is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has the “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority mattress models. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material that aids in ensuring that to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, so you may prefer a fitted sheet on your bed that keeps everything neat and secure.
For feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping the spine healthy alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is so solid that it can be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, and your hips should are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy, and as an added touch, it has a thin coating of cooling gel up top. All of these features will help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out it’s a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel of memory foam. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel, you may want to reconsider your options.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who can expect to feel incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips slide into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is composed of not one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of these materials are made to keep the user cool, with the former being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that holds up on the edges of the mattress, as well as the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Is the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my recommendations based on body type, age, sleep position, and pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Check out our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line, and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality alternatives in the best mattresses that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They often are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coils and foam and their feeling differs widely. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They employ layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often made with eco-friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these beds. Look over the best latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to help sleepers overnight! The most comfortable adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the top air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with kinds of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in finding a high-quality bed which is worth the price consider looking at the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our best mattresses under 1,000 or the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be important for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our roundup of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a review of the most comfortable mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) need a bed that offers additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select the right mattress for your body type go to our site for top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for older adults to find one that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific sleeping needs as well! Find out more about selecting a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional Edge support and cooling options, and other needs that couples could consider.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex can browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Memory Foam Mattress For Adjustable Bed FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your own budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found at all price points! Overall, a budget mattress is generally considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for several months by adding an mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to take a look at its warranty. This will give you a good idea of the length it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back pain?
The majority of people with back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for them. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night and can ease a lot of pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, look through our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses listed on this list that include those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive range, check out our roundup of the most comfortable mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their shoulders hips. Many of the mattresses in this list will be ideal for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially the Helix Midnight. Top Memory Foam Mattress For Adjustable Bed