So you’re in the market of a mattress but aren’t sure what to look for. There are plenty of options available at brick and mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable mattress for 2022? Top Memory Foam Mattress For A Bad Back
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” is a bit subjective. Different people require different things from a bed, so what works for one person may not work for another.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while we made our top choices. Our hope is that most folks should be able to discover not only an “best” mattress however, but one that is best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds we’d like to tell you a little bit about how we came to select them.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models through our bed lab, running each one through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score based on materials as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also consider the performance of the brand, such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality mattress materials that don’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those costly models, but at an affordable cost. With a durable coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feeling that is suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach and back sleepers will be the most comfortable on Luxury as well as the Firm model, while side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers will likely be able to quickly change positions on any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. You should be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to this springy mattress is the fact that it creates fairly high motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with an individual, you could feel each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either (or both) is an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be among the top notable names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website and take the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into account so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 persons. While this also results in some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. You can also look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance the Nectar mattress is a great value buy that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts The memory foam bed is constructed by using 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel intense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
In addition the Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion across the mattress and makes it a fantastic option for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed you should look into this brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Find a cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It is available in a Medium, Soft and Firm version and most couples will be able to find the bed that is right for their needs. All of the options have solid edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion isolation, keeping your partner from feeling every twist and turn.
Couples should be aware of cooling when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, latex-like foam in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that allow for lots of airflow.
Another feature that will attract lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam) and makes it a great mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings onto the customer. This is what makes the Signature (and any of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. The WinkBed is available in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s, the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support permitting you to spread until the edge in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the region) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
Apart from it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel and the coils provide plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness, the Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam at the bottom, followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also get a little more contouring with a cushion of comfort foam that’s filled with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it can increase blood flow and could aid with recovery. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for those who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl up with the Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain in low back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses a tandem with memory foam and poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top mattress. In addition, they’ll get a little squeeze due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat like traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist you in getting it in your home (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that can help keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from the sleeper.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. It also has the gel memory foam which, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy as a brand GhostBed is known as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover for some their mattresses. Also made with the Phase Change Material that helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, so you may prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it nice and snug.
In terms of feel in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping your spine within a balanced alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is so robust that it could be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only option to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable sleeping on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, while your hips still are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable and as an added touch, it has a thin coating of cooling gel up over the top. All of these traits should assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting it’s a responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
Are you thinking that you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is composed of not one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are made to keep the user comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which is used to support on the edges of the mattress, and also the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Is the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for then you could benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon body type, age, sleep posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line, and usually, that’s in a mattress that is medium-firm. You can find high-end alternatives in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is essential in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with a medium-firm feel, like those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They usually have a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and combination sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support and their feeling varies widely. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. They are the most popular type of all-foam mattress , which offers a wide range of body-contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the best memory foam mattresses to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often made with eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and lively. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these mattresses. Take a look at the most popular latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! The most comfortable adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that reduces pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed which is worth the price consider looking at the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our top mattresses that cost less than $1,000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest a latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote ventilation, which can be essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our list of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lb) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a review of the best soft mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) require a mattress that provides extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. For more information on how to select the right mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website to find the the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for older people to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific sleeping needs too! Find out more about selecting a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to choose one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples to get some ideas and beds that have impressive edges, cool features and other requirements that couples might take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex are able to check out our guide for mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Memory Foam Mattress For A Bad Back FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your personal budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available at all price points! Overall, a budget mattress is usually considered to be one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress a few months by putting on an mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to take a look at the warranty. It can also give you a good idea of the length it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate many of the back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. This is why they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list that include they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider choice, look through our list of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. The majority of mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Memory Foam Mattress For A Bad Back