You’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but have no idea where to begin. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. What’s the most suitable mattress for 2022? Top Medium Mattress For Side Sleepers Uk
Remember that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different people require different things from their bed, so what’s best for one person will not work for another.
That’s why we kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while we made our top choices. We hope that the majority of people will be able to get not only”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the details of each bed, we’d like to share a little bit about how we came to select these beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab, putting every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating based on materials as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we considered each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress on this list has an overall score of 4/5 or higher. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of costly models, but at lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers an innerspring-like feeling that is suitable for a variety of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models. While side sleepers will appreciate the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to easily switch positions on any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model specially designed for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to this springy mattress is the fact that it results in fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one or the other are a light sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become an extremely well-known names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into account so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pocketed coils below the foams that provide adequate support for 2 people. While this also results in a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. Also, you can take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a serious comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts The memory foam bed is built of 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel immense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
However, the Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below the back, which are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion across the entire structure, making it a great choice for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It is available in a Medium, Soft and Firm version, so most couples should be able to find a bed that works for their preferences. All models have strong edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples must also consider cooling when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies give off more body heat than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature, which has the naturally cooling latex-like foam that is in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should be attractive to lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings onto the customer. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and any of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, permitting you to spread all the way to the end of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the region) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly for back pain.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier maintain a cool temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for back sleepers. they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from the comfort layer of memory foam that’s filled by graphite. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow, which could help with recovery. The Bear a great fit for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl in the Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain at the lower back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of the combination of memory foam, poly foam, with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the bed. At the same time, they’ll get a little squeeze due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat the way traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty mattress, and it could be a good idea to assist in the process of moving it into your house (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that will keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. This mattress features cooling technology to draw body heat away from sleepers.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special textile that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the feel. It also comes with the gel memory foam which as well as being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
One other notable cooling feature is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known for its “Ghost Ice” cover on the majority mattress models. Also made with a phase change material, it aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, and you might need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything nice and snug.
In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer side sleepers and back sleepers an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and its bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It blends soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat helps keep the spine healthy position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is sturdy that it might also be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only option to sleep in Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and let you enjoy some relief from pressure and your hips should are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable and, as an additional bonus, it comes with a thin layer of cooling gel on over the top. These features should aid in keeping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils to provide a mixture of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is composed of not one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah, plus it’s also an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up on the edges of the bed, and also the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon your body type, age, sleep position, and the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate balance of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. You can find high-end options in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s essential in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They usually have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support, and their feel varies widely. Check out the top hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam to both cushion and help the sleeper. They are the most well-known type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the best mattress made of memory foam to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from green Dunlop or Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these beds. Look over the most popular latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper throughout the night! Some of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our review of best air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several different types of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the cost, take a look at the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool I would suggest you go with one of the following: latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be crucial for keeping a low temperature in the night.
- My top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lb) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend these sleepers take a review of the top soft mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) need a bed that offers extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose the best mattress for your body type, visit our page for best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for older people to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have specific sleep needs, too! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to pick an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples and mattresses that offer exceptional edges, cool features, and other needs that couples might consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex are able to check out our guide for beds that are supple and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Medium Mattress For Side Sleepers Uk FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your own budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every 7-10 years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the life of an old mattress for several months by using the mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to take a look at its warranty, which will give you a good idea of how long it will last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for them. This type of bed will aid in keeping your spine straight overnight, which can help alleviate some of the back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. This is why they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list that include those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. To get a larger selection, they can always go through our selection of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses on this list should be a great match for those who sleep on their sides especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Medium Mattress For Side Sleepers Uk