If you’re looking for a new mattress but have no idea what to look for. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattresses For Stomach Sleepers 2020
Keep in mind that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different people require different things from a bed, so what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
This is why we kept a wide range of categories in mind when presenting our top choices. Our goal is that all people will be able to discover not only the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each of these beds, we’d like to share some details about how we came to select the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we really took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you should choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of costly models, but for an affordable cost. With a durable coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feel , which is an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer more of the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to switch positions on any of the models thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep near the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or make you fall over. The only drawback to this springy mattress is the fact that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one (or both) are an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have the worry of sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become one of the most recognizable brands in the mattress market because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid that has a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, providing adequate support for 2 people. While this also results in a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. Also, you can look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a powerful quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed of 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some extreme pressure relief as well as cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
At the same time it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar provides enough support with the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the mattress and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. If anyone is in search for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Find a more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with your partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version and most couples will be capable of finding the bed that is right for their preferences. All of the options have solid edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies give off much more heat to the body than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling similar to latex in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings on to customers. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and all of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds and above), then you need a mattress that will provide enough support. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels: Softer, Luxury Firm as well as Firmer. Then there’s, the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread until the end to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness from its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, depending on the region) to help ease aches and pains, especially in your back.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale, the Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and supportive bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s plenty of support for back sleepers. they’ll also receive a more contouring with the comfortable layer of memory foam that’s coated by graphite. This makes the mattress cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow and might help with recovery. It makes Bear a great fit for those who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl up with Bear Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain in the lower back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses a tandem of memory foam, poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the mattress. While at the same time they’ll receive a squeeze by the foam memory.
The memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat the way the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you end up choosing the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be beneficial to assist in the process of the move into your house (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that can help keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from sleepers.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. It also has the gel memory foam which as well as being cool, also provides lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material, it helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, and you might prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything neat and secure.
In terms of feel in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as the bounce (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which helps keep your spine within a balanced alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is so sturdy that it might also be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only position that is suitable for this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the mattress and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief while your hips feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable with the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable and, as an additional touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel on over the top. All of these features will help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a receptive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand then you might want to consider a different bed.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide the perfect blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that the Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders sink into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is comprised of not just only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are made to keep the user cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll get that mix of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports on the edges of the bed, and also the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based upon your body type as well as age, sleep position, and managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips aligned with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built on coil support systems. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coil and foam support, and their feel is different. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam that provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. They are the most favored kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these mattresses. Look over the top latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to help sleepers overnight! The best adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our review of the top air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options which can ease kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the best sciatica mattresses articles to learn more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the cost, take a look at the top mattresses for your cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our best mattresses under 1,000 or the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with one of the following: latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote ventilation, which can be important for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- Here are my top air-conditioned beds in our list of top cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a review of the best soft mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) require a mattress that offers additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick a mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website to find the the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies , each with unique sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for seniors to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own sleeping needs as well! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a companion (or pet! ) it is essential to choose one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling options as well as other features that couples could consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex can look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattresses For Stomach Sleepers 2020 FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this, so it’s important to take your personal budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available in every price range! A budget mattress is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress a few months by putting on an mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to check its warranty, which will give you a good idea of the length it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back discomfort?
Many people suffering from back pain find that a medium or firm mattress is best for those with back pain. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight overnight and can ease some of the discomfort. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive selection, they can always go through our selection of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. Many of the mattresses in this list will be a great match for those who sleep on their sides particularly the Helix Midnight. Top Mattresses For Stomach Sleepers 2020