So you’re in the market of a mattress but don’t know where to start. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattresses For Airbnb
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what’s best for one person may not work for another.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when making our top choices. We hope that the majority of folks should be able to find not just an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you an overview of the process we used to choose these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab, running every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating based on materials, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in the performance of the brand, such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we considered each bed’s overall score into account. Each mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality mattress materials that don’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of the more expensive models, but at an affordable cost. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feel that should be a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers will be the most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models while side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to switch positions on any of the models, thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it creates fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one or the other are a light sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most recognizable brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz on the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is a medium-firm mattress that offers an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders. This is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. As a hybrid that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, which creates enough support for two people. While this also results in some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with more foam layer. Also, you can look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you need to shell out a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example, the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress with a significant relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts The memory foam bed is constructed with 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that could work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
At the same time, the Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the mattress which makes it an ideal pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium, and Firm model which means that most couples will be able to find the right bed for their needs. All models have strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should be aware of cooling when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce greater body temperature than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of a naturally cooling, similar to latex in the comfort layer. It also has an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings onto the customer. This is what makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, permitting you to spread all the way to the end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides mild pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness from its coil-like support layer. It also provides zones of support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, depending on the area) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly for back pain.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those in search of a firm and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s likely to be sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little bit of contouring from a cushion of comfort foam filled by graphite. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow and might help with recovery. The Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re ready to curl in Bear Bear, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain at the lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines a tandem consisting of poly foam, and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the bed. In addition they’ll receive a squeeze by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat like the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist in the process of the move into your house (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are in search of a bed that will help cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from the sleeper.
First, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. It also has the gel memory foam, which as well as being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is known as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover for many their mattresses. Also made with the Phase Change Material that aids in ensuring that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, so you may want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give side sleepers and back sleepers the perfect balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat helps keep the spine healthy alignment and prevents back issues. Actually, the support is so sturdy that it might also be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and give you some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel right at home on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable and as an added feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on top. All of these traits should aid in keeping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting it’s a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand then you might want to reconsider your options.
Are you thinking that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example, medium firm is 6.5/10). This means that the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is made of not two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah as it’s a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support on the edges of the mattress, and also the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based on the type of body and age, sleeping positions, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality choices in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They often feature a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support and their feeling varies widely. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They employ layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the best memory foam mattress to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from green Dunlop or Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination often like these mattresses. Check out the most popular latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper all night! A few of the best adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our review of best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a high-quality bed which is worth the price, take a look at the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, check out our top mattresses that cost less than 1,000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is important for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our roundup of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lbs) typically have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to look at the most comfortable mattresses to ensure that they have the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) need a bed that provides extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. To learn how to choose a mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site to find the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for older people to find one that works for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have specific sleep needs, too! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ) it is essential to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the best mattresses for couples to get some ideas, as well as beds with impressive edges, cool options, and other needs that couples could be thinking about.
- Also, couples looking for of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattresses For Airbnb FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available in every price range! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of a mattress some time by using a mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to take a look at the warranty. It can also give you a good idea of the length it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back pain?
The majority of people with back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for those with back pain. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease a lot of discomfort. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. This is why they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses on this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider range, look through our list of the most comfortable mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly the Helix Midnight. Top Mattresses For Airbnb