You’re looking to buy a brand new bed but have no idea what to look for. There are plenty of options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal bed for you in 2022? Top Mattresses For Adjustable Beds Uk
Remember that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we have a variety of categories in mind when making our top picks. Our goal is that all people will be able to get not only”the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds We’d like to talk an overview of the process we used to choose these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products through our bed lab, running every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with a seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating based on materials, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in the performance of the brand, such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every last mattress in this list is rated 4 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of costly models, but at a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feel that should be suitable for a variety of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions, while side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers will likely be able to switch positions on any model, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is that its coils offer the mattress an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s about to fall down or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes an extremely high amount of motion transfer so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one or the other is a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made with organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most well-known names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test through the Helix website that takes their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives the feeling of a hug. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide enough support for two people. This also causes some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. Also, you can look at our other top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain with a significant comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts The memory foam bed is built with 5″ of luxurious mattress made of gel. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some intense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the structure and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. If you’re in the market of a super-soft bed, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Sold on this great value mattress? Get an even better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with your partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It comes in a Soft, Medium, and Firm model which means that most couples will be in a position to find a bed that works for their preferences. All models have sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion isolation, keeping your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when looking for a new mattress, as two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features an naturally cool, latex-like foam in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings onto the customer. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, which allows you to spread until the very end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also provides zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the location) to help ease aches and pains, especially on your back.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also get a little more contouring with a comfortable layer of memory foam that’s coated by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow, which could help in recovering. This makes the Bear a great fit for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re eager to curl in your Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure at the lower back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines a tandem with memory foam and poly foam with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the mattress. While at the same time they’ll receive a touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat the way traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils allow enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be beneficial to assist you in getting it in your house (and maybe even setting it up) once it arrives.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot looking for a mattress that can help to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology to draw your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special textile that draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is famous by their “Ghost Ice” cover for some mattress models. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material that helps with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer side sleepers and back sleepers the perfect balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which helps keep the spine healthy alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is so robust that it could be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very at ease sleeping on your back. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief while your hips are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly comfortable and, as an additional bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on the top. All of these features will help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel then you might want to consider a different bed.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is composed of not one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also like the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they get that mix of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which supports on the edges of the bed as well as the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Is the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based on body type as well as age, sleep position, and the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. You can find high-end choices in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips aligned with their shoulders. Find out why this is important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They usually have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support and their comfort is different. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They employ layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a favored type of all-foam mattress , which offers a wide range of body-contouring and pressure relief. Check out the most comfortable memory foam mattress to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these beds. Look over the top latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to help sleepers overnight! A few of the top adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our review of best air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the most suitable mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the best sciatica mattresses articles to learn more about pain relief solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price check out the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our best mattresses under 1,000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for a latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is crucial for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our list of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a review of the top soft mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) require a mattress with an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. To learn how to choose the right mattress that suits your body, visit our page to find the top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattress for older adults to find a feel that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have their own requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples including beds that have impressive edges, cool features and other requirements that couples could be thinking about.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattresses for sex should check out our guide for beds that are supple and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattresses For Adjustable Beds Uk FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your personal budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found at all price points! A budget mattress is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress some time by putting on the mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s essential to look over its warranty. This can also give you an idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Many people suffering from back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is ideal for their back. The type of mattress you choose will help you keep your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate some of the back pain. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. To get a larger choice, go through our selection of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses on this list should be ideal for those who sleep on their sides especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattresses For Adjustable Beds Uk