So you’re in the market of a mattress, but have no idea where to begin. Not only are there choices available at brick and mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress Zippered Protector
Keep in mind that the word “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from their bed, so what works for one person may not work for another.
We made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while we made our top picks. Our hope is that most people will be able to discover not only the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each of these beds, we’d like to share a little bit about the method we used to select them.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab. We’ve put every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score in accordance with the material and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent out of them, we took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress listed here is rated 4 out of 5 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must look for a bed that ticks all the right boxes. You want something with good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of the more costly models, but at lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers an innerspring-like feel , which is a good fit for all types of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on Luxury as well as the Firm model, while side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to quickly shift positions with any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one (or both) are an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made of Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping near harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become an extremely well-known brands in the mattress market because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test through the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into account so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The foam comfort layer contours to the body, and it cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders. This is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams that provide enough support for two persons. This also causes some bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. It’s also possible to look at our other top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example, it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a powerful quality of sleep without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed with 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel immense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
In addition the Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below the back, which should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of movement across the mattress which makes it an ideal choice for couples. If anyone is in search for a bed that is super soft, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with your partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm version, so most couples should be able to find a bed that works for their needs. Each of them has strong edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies produce greater body temperature than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has an naturally cool, latex-like foam in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it to latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels: Softer, Luxury Firm firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out until the very end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and plenty of firm support from its coil-like support layer. It also provides zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the area) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature all night long.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and supportive mattress. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of a flexible transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from the comfortable layer of memory foam that’s coated by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noticeable feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. This makes the Bear a great fit for those who lives an active life.
If you’re ready to curl up with your Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure in low back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of an amalgamation with memory foam and poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than the medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the mattress. While at the same time they’ll receive a bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat like traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create space for a lot of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be beneficial to assist in the process of moving it into your house (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are seeking a bed that will keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from sleeping.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the skin. It also has an underlying layer of gel memory foam, which is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known by the “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on many mattress models. Also made with the Phase Change Material, it assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, so you may want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything neat and secure.
In terms of comfort in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great option. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat assists in keeping your spine in a balanced alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is so robust that it could be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But it’s not the only option to sleep in Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design has a lot of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable and, as an additional bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up top. All of these features will assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel of memory foam. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example, medium firm is 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders sink into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that the comfort section is comprised of not just only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are made to keep the user cool, with the former being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also like the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of support and comfort you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that holds up the sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked, you might benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based on body type, age, sleep posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line, and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. You can find high-end options in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They often have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support and their comfort is different. Check out the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They employ layers of foam to both cushion and help the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a favored type of all-foam mattress that offers a wide range of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the most comfortable mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using green Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these mattresses. Take a look at the top latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper all night! Some of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Find out more about them in our review of the best air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the best pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to learn more about pain relief solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price consider looking at the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, see our best mattresses under 1,000 or the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for a mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is important to keep the temperature low at night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our list of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lbs) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a look at the most comfortable mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) need a bed that provides additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. For more information on how to select a mattress that suits your body go to our site for the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for older people to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have specific sleeping needs as well! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to choose a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas and beds that have impressive Edge support and cooling features and other requirements that couples could take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex are able to check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress Zippered Protector FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your personal budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress some time by putting on the mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to take a look at its warranty, which will give you a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress for back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for them. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight during the night as well as help ease a lot of discomfort. If you are looking for a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses on this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive choice, check out our roundup of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be a great match for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress Zippered Protector