If you’re looking for a new mattress, but aren’t sure what to look for. There are plenty of options available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more swirling in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. What’s the most suitable mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress Type For The Elderly
Remember that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
We made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when making our top picks. Our hope is that most folks should be able to find not just an “best” mattress however, but one that is best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the details of each of these beds, we’d like to share some details about the method we used to choose them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses within our lab for mattresses, putting every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best among the top, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more costly models, but for a more affordable price. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers an innerspring-like feel that should be a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers should be the most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions. While side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to quickly change positions on any of the models, thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model designed specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils offer the mattress outstanding edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to collapse or make you fall over. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with an individual, you could feel each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either (or both) are a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping in a room with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become an extremely recognizable names in the mattress industry due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test through the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper most likely, you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide adequate support for 2 people. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. In addition, the firmness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. You can also look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain with a significant comfort punch without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts The memory foam bed is built by using 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the hips and shoulders.
In addition, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its foam with high density below the back, which will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the entire structure and makes it a fantastic option for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional bells and whistles.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Get an even cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with your partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm version which means that most couples will be in a position to find a bed that works for them. All models have strong edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples should also consider cooling when choosing an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit more body heat than one. However, this should not be a problem for the Signature, which has the naturally cooling latex-like foam in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate lots of airflow.
Another feature that will be attractive to lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) and makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings onto the customer. This is what makes the Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that’s still an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out until the edge in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some mild pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness thanks to its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the region) to ease aches and pains, especially for back pain.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils allow for a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness, the Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for back sleepers. they’ll also benefit from a shape from a cushion of comfort foam that’s filled with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow and might help in recovering. It makes Bear an ideal choice for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle in the Bear, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain in the lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses a tandem of memory foam, poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the mattress. At the same time, they’ll get a little squeeze from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat as traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist in the process of getting it in your home (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that can help keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress that is right for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from sleepers.
First, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the touch. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam that as well as being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is famous for its “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some their mattresses. It is also made of a Phase Change Material which aids in ensuring that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, which is why you may need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it nice and snug.
In terms of comfort in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs a balance of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat assists in keeping your spine in a neutral position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is so solid that it can be an ideal option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position for this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the mattress and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable, and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on the top. These features should help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel that memory foam provides. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to consider a different bed.
Are you thinking that you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the second being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of support and comfort you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports on the edges of the bed and also the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my recommendations based on the type of body as well as age, sleep posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate balance of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. You can find high-end alternatives in the best mattresses that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to those in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They often have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support and their comfort varies widely. Find the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a favored kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the top memory foam mattress to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with eco-friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination often like these beds. Check out the best latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper throughout the night! Some of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of best air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the best pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under 1,000 as well as the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on, I’d recommend opting for a mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is important for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lbs) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest those who sleep light to glance at top soft mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) require a mattress with additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose a mattress for your body type, visit our page to find the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional-looking mattresses that provide support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our best mattresses for older adults to find one that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific sleeping needs as well! Find out more about selecting the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) it is essential to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for some examples, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling options and other requirements that couples might consider.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex are able to browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress Type For The Elderly FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your personal budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses at all price points! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the life of a mattress a few months by adding a mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to take a look at its warranty, which will also provide you with an idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is ideal for their back. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate some of the back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will ease your back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. This is why they’re advised to choose mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive choice, look through our list of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their shoulders hips. Many of the mattresses on this list should be a great match for those who sleep on their sides, most notably those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress Type For The Elderly