If you’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but have no idea where to begin. Not only are there choices available at brick and mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress Type For Side Sleepers
Well, keep in mind that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different people require different things from their bed, so what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we have a variety of subjects in our mind while we made our top choices. We hope that the majority of users will be able find not just the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the in-depth details of each bed, we’d like to share an overview of the process we used to choose these beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses, putting each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we really took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must look for a bed that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of costly models, but at lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feel , which is suitable for a variety of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers should be the most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models. While those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to easily change positions on any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit near the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s about to fall down or cause you to fall off. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one or the other is an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become among the top well-known brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz on the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, which is a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders. This is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams that provide sufficient support to accommodate two persons. Although this can cause some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. Also, you can take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance, the Nectar mattress is a great value buy that packs a serious quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts The memory foam bed is made of 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the structure, making it a great option for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with your partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version and most couples will be capable of finding the bed that is right for their needs. All of the options have strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. However, this should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings to the consumer. This makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and any of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to adequately support you. The WinkBed is available in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. The strengthened springs result in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread to the very end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, depending on the area) to help you alleviate discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed out of sustainable Tencel and the coils provide plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness it is a Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and supportive mattress. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam at the bottom, topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little more contouring with the cushion of comfort foam filled with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow and could aid with recovery. The Bear an ideal choice for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle in Bear Bear, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary pressure relief to prevent pain at their lower back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation consisting of poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud slightly firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the mattress. In addition they’ll feel a touch of comfort from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat as traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to help you with the move into your house (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot looking for a mattress that will help keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology to draw body heat away from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. It also has a layer of gel memory foam, which is, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and cushioning.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover for some of its mattresses. It is also made of a phase change material that helps with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, and you might prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it neat and secure.
For feel In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer side sleepers and back sleepers the perfect balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as bounciness (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great option. It is a combination of soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping the spine neutral position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is robust that it could be a great alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and allow you to get some relief from pressure while your hips feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel right at home on this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly breathable and as an added feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel on over the top. All of these features will aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a receptive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel like memory foam. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel then you might want to look elsewhere.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context medium firm is 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is comprised of not just two, but one layer of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are made to keep the user cool, with the second being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of support and comfort we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up on the edges of the bed and also the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based on the type of body and age, sleeping positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain straight, and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. There are some top-quality choices in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out more about why this is essential in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built on coil support systems. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and mixed sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coils and foam, and their feel varies widely. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam that cushion and support the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a popular kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using green Dunlop as well as Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these mattresses. Check out the top latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! The most comfortable adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the best pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a high-quality bed which is worth the price, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the price.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be important for keeping a low temperature in the night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lbs) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend these sleepers take a look at the top soft mattresses to make sure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) require a mattress with extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose a mattress for your body type, visit our page to find the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattress for older adults to find one that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to choose one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples, as well as beds with impressive edge support, cooling options as well as other features that couples might take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex should browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress Type For Side Sleepers FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses at all price points! Overall, a budget mattress is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for several months by putting on an mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to check its warranty, which will give you a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back discomfort?
Many people suffering from back pain will find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for their back. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate many of the pain. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses on this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive selection, they can always check out our roundup of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be a great match for side sleepers particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress Type For Side Sleepers