You’re looking to buy a brand new bed but have no idea where to begin. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot of others circulating in the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. What’s the most suitable mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress Type For Platform Bed
Well, keep in mind that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics from their bed, so what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
That’s why we have a variety of categories in mind when we made our top choices. Our hope is that most users will be able find not just”the “best” mattress however, but one that is best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds we’d like to tell you a little bit about the process we used to select them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models through our bed lab, putting every mattress through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score according to the materials used, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in brand performance with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every mattress on this list has an overall score of 4/5 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you must choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You want something with good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality materials that won’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of costly models, but for lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil design, it features a traditional innerspring feeling that is a good fit for all types of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be the most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models while side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers will likely be able to easily shift positions with any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed outstanding edge support. You should be able to sleep or sit near the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s about to fall down or cause you to fall off. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes fairly high motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or both of you is an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping in a room with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be among the top well-known brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two persons. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. Also, you can take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a serious quality of sleep without spending a lot of money.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts, this memory foam bed is made by using 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour that can work wonders for side sleepers. They should also feel some intense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
However it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath the back, which should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of movement across the structure, making it a great pick for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It is available in a Medium, Soft and Firm version which means that most couples will be capable of finding a bed that works for their needs. All of the options have strong edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion isolation, keeping your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies emit more body heat than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. It also has an innovative design that incorporates springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This is what makes the Signature (and all of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread all the way to the very end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support thanks to its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, depending on the location) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for back sleepers. they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from the comfortable layer of memory foam coated by graphite. This makes the mattress cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow, which could help with recovery. The Bear the perfect choice for those who is active.
If you’re ready to curl in Bear Bear, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain at low back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of an amalgamation consisting of poly foam and pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top mattress. While at the same time they’ll receive a bit of a hug from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat like the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up opting for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist in the process of moving it into your house (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are in search of a bed that will cool you down at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws body heat away from sleepers.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam, which is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is known by the “Ghost Ice” cover for many their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material that assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may prefer a fitted sheet on your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
For feel in terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers the perfect balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If your primary concern is staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat assists in keeping your spine within a neutral alignment and prevents back issues. In fact, the support is so solid that it can be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only position that is suitable for the Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, while your hips feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly breathable, and as an added feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on the top. All of these traits should help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a very responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling, you may want to reconsider your options.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is composed of not two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the second being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. at 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which supports on the edges of the bed and also the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my recommendations based on your body type, age, sleep position, and managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. You can find high-end choices in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips aligned with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as those in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support and their feeling differs widely. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known type of all-foam mattress that offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the top mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often made with eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these beds. Check out the most popular latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to help sleepers overnight! A few of the top adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Find out more about them in our review of the best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at getting a top-quality mattress which is worth the price consider looking at the top mattresses for your cost.
- If you’re on a tight budget, see our best mattresses under 1,000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest one of the following: latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is important to keep the temperature low during the night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lbs) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a review of the top soft mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) need a bed with extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. For more information on how to select a mattress for your body type go to our site to find the top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for older people to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have specific sleep needs, too! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to select one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples for some examples, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling options and other requirements that couples may consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex can look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress Type For Platform Bed FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your personal budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses available at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a good foundation or care for it in a rough way. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for some time by putting on the mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to check its warranty, which will give you an idea of the length it will last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back stiffness?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for them. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight overnight and can ease a lot of discomfort. If you are looking for a mattress that will ease your back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. To get a larger selection, they can always check out our roundup of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be ideal for those who sleep on their sides especially those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress Type For Platform Bed