So you’re in the market for a new mattress, but have no idea where to start. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable mattress for 2022? Top Mattress Type For Overweight
Well, keep in mind that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from their bed, so what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
We made sure to keep a broad range of different categories when we made our top choices. We hope that the majority of folks should be able to find not just”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds We’d like to talk some details about how we came to select the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab. We’ve put every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score according to the materials used as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also consider brand performance with categories like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent out of them, we took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress listed here is rated 4/5 or higher. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva offers all of the benefits of those expensive models, but at lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feel , which is a good fit for all types of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers are likely to be most comfortable with the Luxury as well as the Firm model. While side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to quickly change positions on any model, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes an extremely high amount of motion transfer so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one or the other is an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made with organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top recognizable names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers can take a sleep quiz via the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 persons. This also causes some bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. It’s also possible to look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For example the Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy with a significant comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is made by using 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of sinkage and deep body-contouring that could work wonders for side sleepers. You should also feel immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion across the entire structure which makes it an ideal pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed you should look into this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option, so most couples should be capable of finding the bed that is right for them. All models have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should be aware of cooling when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of a naturally cooling, similar to latex in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it a great mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings onto the customer. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over), then you need an appropriate mattress that can comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out all the way to the edge to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides mild pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as lots of support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the region) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale it is a Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and supportive mattress. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a more contouring with a comfortable layer of memory foam that’s infused by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow, which could help in recovering. This makes the Bear a great fit for athletes or anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re ready to curl up with the Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain at their lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of a tandem of memory foam, poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top bed. At the same time, they’ll get a little squeeze from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat like traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be a good idea to assist in the process of the move into your house (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that can help to cool down during the night The GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from sleeping.
First, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric which draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam which as well as being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy as a brand GhostBed is famous by the “Ghost Ice” cover on many of its mattresses. It is also made of a Phase Change Material that aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only downside is it could be slippery, which is why you may prefer a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything nice and snug.
In terms of comfort in terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give side sleepers and back sleepers a combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat assists in keeping your spine in a healthy alignment and avoids back problems. Actually the support is sturdy that it might also be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option to sleep in Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel at ease sleeping on your back. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable with the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly comfortable, and as an added touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel on top. All of these traits should aid in keeping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel that memory foam provides. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel, you may want to reconsider your options.
You think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for the perfect blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is made of not two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the former being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which is used to support the sides of the mattress, and also the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my recommendations based on body type as well as age, sleep positions, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. There are some top-quality choices in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s essential in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a a medium-firm feel, like the ones we have in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built on coil support systems. They usually feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach and mixed sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam, and their feel differs widely. Find the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeper. They are the most favored type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the top memory foam mattresses to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using green Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Combination sleepers and heavy people typically like these beds. Look over the best latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper all night! A few of the best adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses which can ease kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price check out the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our best mattresses under 1,000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our roundup of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a glance at best soft mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) require a mattress that provides extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select a mattress for your body type, visit our page for top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our best mattresses for older people to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique sleeping needs too! Find out more about selecting a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to select one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples and beds with impressive edge support, cooling features as well as other features that couples might consider.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex should browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress Type For Overweight FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your own budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses to be found in every price range! Overall, a budget mattress is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for some time by using the mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s essential to check its warranty. This can also give you a good idea of the length it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back pain?
The majority of people with back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight overnight as well as help ease a lot of back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. In this regard, they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list, those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. If they want a wider choice, look through our list of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be ideal for sleepers who prefer side sleeping, most notably the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress Type For Overweight