So you’re in the market for a new mattress, but don’t know where to begin. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating within the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress Type For Hot Sleepers
Well, keep in mind that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different people require different things from their bed, so what’s best for one person may not work for another.
We made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when presenting our top picks. We hope that the majority of users will be able discover not only the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the in-depth details of each bed we’d like to tell you a little bit about how we came to select them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab, putting each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in brand performance with categories like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress listed here is rated 4 out of 5 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support, cushioning pressure relief, and quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those expensive models, but at lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feeling that is an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions while those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to easily change positions on any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only downside to its springy nature is that it causes an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one or the other is the type of sleeper who is light.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most well-known names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep via the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and supports sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders. This is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, providing enough support for two persons. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. Also, you can look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance, the Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy that packs a serious quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is built by using 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushions at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below the back, which will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the structure which makes it an ideal choice for couples. If you’re in the market of a super-soft bed and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Find a better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with your partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm version which means that most couples will be in a position to find the bed that is right for them. Each of them has strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples must also consider cooling when choosing an appropriate mattress, because two bodies give off more body heat than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features an naturally cool, similar to latex in its comfort layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) and makes it a great mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings onto the customer. This is what makes the Signature (and every one of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above), then you need an appropriate mattress that can comfortably support you. The WinkBed is available with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support permitting you to spread until the very end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides mild pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as lots of support from its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the area) to help you alleviate discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. There’s a breathable cover made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale it is a Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for back sleepers. they’ll also get a little bit of contouring from the comfort layer of memory foam coated by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. This makes the Bear a great fit for those who is active.
If you’re eager to curl in the Bear, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to keep their spines aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain in low back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of the combination consisting of poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the bed. While at the same time they’ll feel a bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
The memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat the way the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you end up opting for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be a good idea to help you with the move into your home (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are in search of a bed that can help cool you down at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from the sleeper.
First, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. It also has an underlying layer of gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature as a brand GhostBed is well-known for the “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on many mattress models. Also made with the Phase Change Material that helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, and you might want to use a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give side sleepers and back sleepers an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat helps keep the spine balanced alignment and prevents back issues. Actually, the support is so solid that it can be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only option that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very at ease sleeping on your back. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and allow you to get some relief from pressure while your hips feel comfortable and supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel right at home on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy and, as an additional touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel up the top. All of these traits should help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel of memory foam. If you’re a lover of that quicksand feeling, you may want to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who can expect to feel incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth noting that this comfort section is comprised of not just only one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. at 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which is used to support on the edges of the bed as well as the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based on body type, age, sleep posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate balance of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality choices in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is essential in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They often are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support and their comfort differs widely. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. They are the most well-known type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the best memory foam mattresses to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these beds. Look over the top latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to help sleepers throughout the night! The most comfortable adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the the top air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to learn more about pain relief solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price check out the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses that cost less than 1,000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with a Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is important to keep the temperature low at night.
- Here are my top air-conditioned beds in our list of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a glance at most comfortable mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) need a bed that offers additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick a mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website to find the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our best mattresses for seniors to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have their own sleeping needs as well! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) it is essential to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples to get some ideas including beds with impressive edges, cool features and other requirements that couples may take into consideration.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattresses for sex should look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress Type For Hot Sleepers FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses available in every price range! A budget mattress is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the life of an old mattress for a few months by putting on the mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to take a look at its warranty. This will also provide you with a good idea of how long it should last.
What is the best mattress for back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for them. The type of mattress you choose will help you keep your spine straight during the night as well as help ease a lot of pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses on this list, those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive range, go through our selection of the most comfortable sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they usually prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses on this list should be a great match for those who sleep on their sides especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress Type For Hot Sleepers