So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed but aren’t sure where to begin. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more swirling within the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattress for 2022? Top Mattress Type For Athletes
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics from their bed, so what’s best for one person will not work for another.
This is why we kept a wide range of different categories when making our top choices. Our hope is that most users will be able discover not only the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each of these beds, we’d like to share a little bit about how we came to choose these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab. We’ve put each one through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. From there, we give each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also take into account brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we took each bed’s overall score into account. Each mattress in this list is rated 4 out of 5 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and quality mattress materials that don’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of expensive models, but at a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feel , which is suitable for a variety of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models. While side sleepers will appreciate the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to shift positions with any of the models thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed outstanding edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it results in fairly high motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or both of you is the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have the worry of sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become an extremely well-known brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website that takes their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders. This is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, providing enough support for two persons. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. Also, you can look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress with a significant comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is built with 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel intense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
However it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the entire structure, making it a great option for couples. If you’re in the market of a super-soft bed you should look into the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Get an even better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It comes in a Soft, Medium, and Firm model, so most couples should be able to find the right bed for them. All of the options have solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps your partner from feeling every twist and turn.
Couples should be aware of cooling when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies give off more body heat than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of a naturally cooling, similar to latex in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to attract lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings onto the customer. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and all of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out until the end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the region) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also get a little bit of contouring from the comfortable layer of memory foam infused by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, and so does a cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noteworthy aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow and might help in recovering. It makes Bear an ideal choice for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl up with your Bear, get our most affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the pressure relief to prevent pain in low back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines a tandem consisting of poly foam, and pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top mattress. While at the same time they’ll feel a bit of a hug by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat the way the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you end up opting for the DreamCloud, know that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to assist in the process of getting it in your house (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that will help cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from sleeping.
The first is an injection of Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. It also has an underlying layer of gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and cushioning.
One other notable cooling feature as a brand GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has the “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material that helps with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only downside is it could be slippery, which is why you may prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel in terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent choice. It combines soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that helps keep the spine neutral alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is so robust that it could be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable to sleep in Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief while your hips are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable and, as an additional feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel up top. These features should aid in keeping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a very responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Shop here for our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for a mixture of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is made of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused variation that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that holds up the sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my recommendations based on body type, age, sleep positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate balance of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end options in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move around and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built on coil support systems. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of foam and coil support and their feeling varies widely. Find the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam that provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known type of all-foam mattress that offers a wide range of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the best memory foam mattresses to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using environmentally friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these beds. Check out the top latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper throughout the night! The best adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of the the top air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with kinds of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the most suitable mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to learn more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the cost consider looking at the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses for under 1,000 or the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest one of the following: latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote ventilation, which can be essential for keeping a low temperature at night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our list of top cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a review of the top soft mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) need a bed that offers additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select the best mattress for your body type check out our website to find the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for older people to find one that works for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have specific requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples including mattresses that offer exceptional Edge support and cooling options and other requirements that couples might take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex should browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress Type For Athletes FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found at all price points! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of a mattress a few months by adding a mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to check its warranty. This can also give you a good idea of the length it will last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back stiffness?
Most people who struggle with back pain find that a medium or firm mattress is the best choice for them. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight overnight and can ease many of the discomfort. If you are looking for a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list it’s those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. To get a larger range, check out our roundup of the most comfortable mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. A majority of the mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping, most notably those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress Type For Athletes