You’re looking for a new mattress, but aren’t sure what to look for. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot of others circulating in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress Type For Arthritic Hips
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what is effective for one individual will not work for another.
We have a variety of subjects in our mind while presenting our top picks. Our goal is that all people will be able to discover not only an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds We’d like to talk a little bit about how we came to select these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with a seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score in accordance with the material, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we really considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress listed here has an overall score of 4/5 or higher. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support and pressure relief cushioning, and quality mattress materials that don’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more expensive models, but at an affordable cost. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers an innerspring-like feel that should be suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach and back sleepers will be the most comfortable on Luxury as well as the Firm model while side sleepers will appreciate using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to switch positions on any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one or both of you is a light sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be among the top recognizable names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders. This is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Since it’s a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two persons. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to disturb the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with more foam layer. You can also check out more of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy with a significant quality of sleep without spending a lot of money.
The current price is less than 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is constructed by using 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
At the same time the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its foam with high density below for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the entire structure and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional bells and whistles.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with your partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm version and most couples will be able to find a bed that works for their preferences. All models have sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when choosing an appropriate mattress, because two bodies give off much more heat to the body than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of a naturally cooling, similar to latex in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative hybrid design, with springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) and makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings onto the customer. This makes the Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above), then you need a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels: Softer, Luxury Firm firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out to the very end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness from its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zones of support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the location) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially on your back.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature all night long.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness, the Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and supportive mattress. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for back sleepers. they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with the cushion of comfort foam that’s infused by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. The Bear an ideal choice for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle in Bear Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary pressure relief to prevent pain in low back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of a tandem with memory foam and poly foam and pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the mattress. At the same time they’ll receive a squeeze by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat like the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be beneficial to assist you in the move into your home (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that will help cool you down at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from sleeping.
First, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam, which as well as being cool, also provides lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy as a brand GhostBed is known by its “Ghost Ice” cover on some of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material that aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, and you might prefer a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
For feel In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer side sleepers and back sleepers an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping your spine in a neutral position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is so solid that it can be an ideal option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only option for the Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and let you enjoy some relief from pressure while your hips still feel supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy and, as an additional feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on over the top. All of these features will help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting it’s a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling that memory foam provides. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide the perfect blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who can expect to feel incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders sink into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is comprised of not just two, but one layer of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may like the Nolah as it’s a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of comfort and support we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support the sides of the mattress, and also the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Is the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my recommendations based on body type as well as age, sleep posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate combination of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain straight, and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality options in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam and their feeling is different. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They employ layers of foam that provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a popular type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring and pressure relief. Look over the most comfortable memory foam mattress to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from green Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these beds. Look over the top latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to help sleepers all night! A few of the most comfortable adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our review of best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several different kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price check out the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses for under $1,000 as well as the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for one of the following: Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to look at the best soft mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) require a mattress that provides extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select a mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website for best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattresses for seniors to find one that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have their own sleeping needs as well! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to select one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples, as well as beds that have impressive edge support, cooling features as well as other features that couples may be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex are able to check out our guide for beds that are supple and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress Type For Arthritic Hips FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your personal budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses in every price range! Overall, a budget mattress is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least each 7-10 years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress some time by using the mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to take a look at its warranty, which will give you an idea of the length it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is ideal for them. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate many of the pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. To get a larger selection, they can always go through our selection of the most comfortable sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses in this list will be ideal for side sleepers particularly the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress Type For Arthritic Hips