So you’re in the market for a new mattress but have no idea where to begin. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more swirling within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So , what’s the ideal bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress Type For A Bad Back
Keep in mind that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different people require different things from their bed, so what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while making our top picks. We hope that the majority of people will be able to find not just”the “best” mattress however, but one that is best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each of these beds We’d like to talk some details about how we came to select the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab, running every mattress through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating based on materials as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we really took each bed’s overall score into account. Every mattress in this list is rated 4 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more costly models, but at lower costs. With a durable coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feel , which is an ideal fit for a variety of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers should be the most comfortable on the Luxury and Firm versions while side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to quickly change positions on any model, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one (or both) is a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be among the top notable names in the mattress industry due to its flexibility. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be pointing towards the Helix Midnight — a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 persons. Although this can cause some bounce, it’s not enough to disturb the other person or you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain with a significant comfort punch without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is made of 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some intense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
In addition, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of movement across the entire structure and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. If you’re in the market of a super-soft bed and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with your partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It is available in a Medium, Soft and Firm option, so most couples should be capable of finding a bed that works for them. All models have strong edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples should be aware of cooling when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, latex-like foam in the comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative hybrid design, with springs that can accommodate lots of airflow.
Another feature that will attract lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and all of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can comfortably support you. The WinkBed is available in four different levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out until the very end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness from its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the area) to ease aches and pains, especially in your back.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks looking for a firm and supportive mattress. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for back sleepers. they’ll also receive a more contouring with the cushion of comfort foam infused with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow and might help in the recovery process. It makes Bear the perfect choice for those who is active.
If you’re ready to curl up on Bear Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain at their lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines the combination consisting of poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. At the same time, they’ll get a little squeeze from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat like traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils create space for a lot of airflow.
If you end up opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it might be a good idea to assist in the process of the move into your house (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are seeking a bed that can help cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress that is right for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. It also has a layer of gel memory foam that as well as being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known for their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on many their mattresses. Also made with a phase change material that assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it is a little slippery, and you might prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything neat and secure.
For feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers the perfect combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and the bounce (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It blends soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that aids in keeping your spine in a neutral position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is robust that it could be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only suitable position for the Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the mattress and give you some relief from the pressure, while your hips feel supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable with the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy and, as an additional feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on the top. All of these traits should help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting it’s a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel of memory foam. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
You think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Shop here for our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide a mixture of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context medium firm is 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that the comfort section is composed of not one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the former being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah, plus it’s also an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of comfort and support we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support the sides of the bed, as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon your body type as well as age, sleep positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. You can find high-end choices in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They often have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach and combination sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam and their feeling is different. Find the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular type of all-foam mattress , which offer a lot of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the top memory foam mattress to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Heavy people and sleepers in combination often like these beds. Look over the best latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to help sleepers throughout the night! The top adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our review of the best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with kinds of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the cost, take a look at the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, check out our top mattresses for under $1,000 or the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with a mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase the circulation of air, and this is important to keep the temperature low at night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our list of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lbs) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to glance at top soft mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) need a bed with additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select a mattress for your body type go to our site to find the the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for seniors to find a feel that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have their own sleeping needs too! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) it is essential to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples to get some ideas, as well as beds that have impressive edges, cool features, and other needs that couples might consider.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattress for sex can check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress Type For A Bad Back FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. You can also prolong the lifespan of a mattress that is old for some time by adding the mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to look over its warranty, which will give you a good idea of how long it should last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain discover that a medium or firm mattress is the best choice for their back. This kind of bed can assist you in keeping your spine straight overnight, which can help alleviate many of the pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, check out our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses listed on this list it’s those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive choice, look through our list of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their shoulders hips. The majority of mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for side sleepers particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress Type For A Bad Back