If you’re looking for a new mattress but don’t know where to begin. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress To Get For Back Pain
Keep in mind that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things from a bed, so what’s best for one person will not work for another.
We have a variety of categories in mind when we made our top picks. We hope that the majority of users will be able find not just”the “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each bed, we’d like to share some details about the method we used to select these beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses, running every mattress through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. From there, we give each mattress an overall score according to the materials used, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to look for a bed that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality mattress materials that don’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those costly models, but for an affordable cost. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feeling that is a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers should be the most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model while those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to shift positions with any model, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress outstanding edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only downside to this springy mattress is the fact that it causes fairly high motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or both of you is an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have the worry of sleeping near harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become one of the most recognizable brands in the mattress market because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and supports sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Since it’s a hybrid, there’s a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, providing enough support for two persons. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb the other person or you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. Also, you can take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance, the Nectar mattress is a great value buy that packs a serious comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is made of 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushions at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time the Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of movement across the entire structure which makes it an ideal option for couples. If you’re in the market of a super-soft bed, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It is available in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model which means that most couples will be capable of finding a bed that works for them. All of the options have solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples must also consider cooling when choosing an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. However, this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, latex-like foam in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another feature that will attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam), which makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and all of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. The strengthened springs result in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread all the way to the very end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides gentle pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as lots of support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the location) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale it is a Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from a comfort layer of memory foam that’s filled by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow, which could help in recovering. It makes Bear an ideal choice for those who lives an active life.
If you’re ready to curl in Bear Bear, get our most affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain in their lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses an amalgamation with memory foam and poly foam and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the bed. While at the same time they’ll receive a squeeze from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat like traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils create space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up opting for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to help you with getting it in your house (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot seeking a bed that will keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from sleeping.
The first is an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam, which, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and cushioning.
One other notable cooling feature is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known as the brand that has the “Ghost Ice” cover for many of its mattresses. It is also made of the Phase Change Material that helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it could be slippery, and you might need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
For feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give side sleepers and back sleepers the perfect balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent choice. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which helps keep your spine within a balanced position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is sturdy that it might also be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only option for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable sleeping on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and let you enjoy some relief from pressure and your hips should feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable and, as an additional touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel up top. All of these features will assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a receptive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel of memory foam. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
You think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Shop here for the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context, medium firm is 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the cushion of comfort.
It’s important to note that the comfort section is composed of not one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused variation that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also like the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which supports on the edges of the bed as well as the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you liked, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my recommendations based on the type of body as well as age, sleep position, and the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. You can find high-end alternatives in the top mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s essential in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a cushioned mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support, and their feel varies widely. Find the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored type of all-foam mattress , which offers a wide range of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the top memory foam mattresses to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using environmentally friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these mattresses. Check out the best latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers all night! A few of the most comfortable adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our review of best air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price consider looking at the top mattresses for your cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our best mattresses under $1000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be essential to keep the temperature low in the night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our list of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a look at the top soft mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that provides additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick the right mattress that suits your body go to our site for the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for older people to find a feel that works for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have specific sleeping needs too! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling features, and other needs that couples may consider.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex should browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress To Get For Back Pain FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this and it’s crucial to take your budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the lifespan of an old mattress for a few months by using the mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to take a look at its warranty, which will also provide you with a good idea of the length it should last.
What is the best mattress for back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for those with back pain. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate a lot of pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, look through our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. In this regard, they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive choice, check out our roundup of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be ideal for side sleepers particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress To Get For Back Pain