You’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but have no idea where to start. There are plenty of options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more swirling in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress To Get For A Bad Back
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
We have a variety of different categories when we made our top picks. Our hope is that most people will be able to find not just”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each bed We’d like to talk a little bit about the process we used to select the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab, putting every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. From there, we give every bed an overall score in accordance with the material, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account brand performance with categories like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress listed here is rated 4 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to look for a bed that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of costly models, but for lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feel that should be an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be the most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions. While side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination will likely be able to easily switch positions on any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils offer the mattress outstanding edge support. You’ll be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one (or both) are an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping in a room with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be among the top well-known names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into account so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide sufficient support to accommodate two persons. While this also results in some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. You can also check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance, it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a serious relaxation punch, without spending a lot of money.
The current price is less than $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts This memory foam mattress is constructed of 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of comfort and a deep body contour which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel immense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below the back, which should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of movement across the structure, making it a great choice for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed you should look into the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with someone else The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It comes in a Soft, Medium, and Firm model which means that most couples will be able to find the bed that is right for them. Each of them has strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when looking for the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce greater body temperature than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, similar to latex in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings on to customers. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will provide enough support. The WinkBed is available in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out all the way to the very end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some mild pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness from its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the region) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. There’s a breathable cover made out of sustainable Tencel and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale, the Bear will appeal to those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam at the bottom, topped by a thinner layer of a flexible transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for back sleepers. they’ll also receive a shape from a comfortable layer of memory foam that’s infused by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it also promotes blood flow and could aid in recovering. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for anyone who is active.
If you’re eager to curl in the Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure at low back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam and pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top mattress. While at the same time they’ll receive a squeeze from the memory foam.
The memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat the way the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be beneficial to assist in the process of the move into your house (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot looking for a mattress that will help keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. The mattress has cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. It also has the gel memory foam that, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover on the majority of its mattresses. It is also made of the Phase Change Material that aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it could be slippery, and you might need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything nice and snug.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs a combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and the bounce (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It blends soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping your spine within a healthy alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is solid that it can be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and give you some relief from pressure while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly breathable and as an added feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on the top. All of these traits should assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a very responsive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel like memory foam. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel then you might want to look elsewhere.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide the perfect blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the cushion of comfort.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is made of not only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of support and comfort you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that is used to support the sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based on the type of body and age, sleeping posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their hips and shoulders. Check out our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate balance of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move around and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a cushioned mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They usually have a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam and their feeling differs widely. Find the top hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam that cushion and support the sleeper. They are the most popular type of all-foam mattress , which offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these beds. Take a look at the top latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper all night! Some of the best adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Get more information in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price consider looking at the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under $1,000 or the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for a Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is crucial for keeping a low temperature in the night.
- Here are my top breathable beds in our roundup of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lbs) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to look at the best soft mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) require a mattress that offers additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick the right mattress that suits your body, visit our page to find the the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our best mattresses for older adults to find one that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have their own sleeping needs too! Find out more about selecting an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to select one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional edges, cool features and other requirements that couples might be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex can look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress To Get For A Bad Back FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your personal budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least each 7-10 years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for several months by adding an mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to check its warranty. This will also provide you with an idea of the length it should last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back discomfort?
The majority of people with back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is ideal for them. This type of bed will assist you in keeping your spine straight overnight as well as help ease a lot of back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will ease your back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. To get a larger selection, they can always go through our selection of the most comfortable sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses listed here should be a great match for sleepers who prefer side sleeping, most notably those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress To Get For A Bad Back