If you’re looking of a mattress, but don’t know where to begin. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress To Buy For Side Sleeper
Keep in mind that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different people require different things of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual will not work for another.
That’s why we kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while presenting our top choices. We hope that the majority of folks should be able to get not only”the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the details of each of these beds We’d like to talk a little bit about how we came to choose them.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating according to the materials used and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we really took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress on this list has an overall score of 4/5 or higher. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you must find a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the benefits of those costly models, but at a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil design, it features a traditional innerspring feeling that is an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers will likely be able to easily change positions on any model, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed outstanding edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only downside to its springy nature is that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either (or both) are the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely notable names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test through the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, providing adequate support for 2 persons. Although this can cause some bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. It’s also possible to look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example, the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is made of 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the shoulders and hips.
In addition, the Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion across the entire structure which makes it an ideal option for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version and most couples will be in a position to find the bed that is right for them. Each of them has sturdy edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples must also consider cooling when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. But this isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that have room for a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it to latex-like foam), which makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings onto the customer. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and all of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds and above) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. The WinkBed is available in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support permitting you to spread to the end of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support from its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the area) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness it is a Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from a comfortable layer of memory foam that’s infused by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle in your Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary pressure relief to prevent pain at the lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation with memory foam and poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top mattress. In addition they’ll feel a touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
The memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat the way the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be beneficial to help you with getting it in your home (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that can help cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from sleepers.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the feel. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is well-known by its “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority their mattresses. Also made with a phase change material that assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, and you might need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
For feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give the back and side sleepers an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It is a combination of soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat assists in keeping your spine within a healthy alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is solid that it can be a great alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only option for the Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and give you some relief from pressure while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely comfortable and, as an additional bonus, it comes with a thin layer of cooling gel on over the top. All of these features will help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand then you might want to consider a different bed.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context, medium firm is 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who can expect to feel fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth noting that the comfort section is made of not two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are made to keep the user comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may like the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of comfort and support you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up both sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon your body type and age, sleeping posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality choices in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They often feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach and combo sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam and their feeling differs widely. Find the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam that provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. They are the most popular type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the top memory foam mattresses to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually made with green Dunlop as well as Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these mattresses. Look over the best latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! The top adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our review of the top air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about pain relief solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the cost, take a look at the top mattresses for your cost.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under $1,000 or the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest a latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase the circulation of air, and this is crucial to keep the temperature low in the night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our list of best mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a review of the best soft mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) need a bed with extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select a mattress that suits your body check out our website for top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for seniors to find a feel that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique sleep needs, too! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples for some examples and beds with impressive Edge support and cooling options and other requirements that couples could consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress To Buy For Side Sleeper FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses available at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress some time by adding the mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to take a look at its warranty. This can also give you a good idea of the length it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back discomfort?
The majority of people with back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for them. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate a lot of discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. With that in mind, they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. To get a larger selection, they can always check out our roundup of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides, most notably Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress To Buy For Side Sleeper