So you’re in the market of a mattress, but aren’t sure what to look for. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress To Buy For Back Pain
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” is a bit subjective. Different people require different things from their bed, so what works for one person will not work for another.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when presenting our top picks. Our goal is that all people will be able to get not only”the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the details of each bed We’d like to talk some details about how we came to choose these beds.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab, running every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score based on materials, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we really took each bed’s overall score into account. Every mattress listed here has an overall score of 4/5 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more costly models, but for an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feel that should be a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach and back sleepers will be most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models while side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to easily switch positions on any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model specially designed for sleepers who are heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep near the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or make you fall over. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either (or both) is an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping near harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top recognizable names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website that takes their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight — a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid that has a layer of pocketed coils below the foams that provide adequate support for 2 people. This also causes some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. You can also take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance, it’s the Nectar mattress is a great value buy with a significant quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is built of 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some intense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
At the same time the Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion across the mattress which makes it an ideal choice for couples. If anyone is in search for a bed that is super soft you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option and most couples will be able to find the right bed for them. Each of them has strong edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should consider cooling when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies give off much more heat to the body than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, latex-like foam in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another feature that will attract lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings onto the customer. This is what makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and every one of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over) and you’re looking for a mattress that will adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support permitting you to spread all the way to the very end of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness thanks to its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, depending on the location) to help ease aches and pains, especially in your back.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness, the Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a shape from a comfort layer of memory foam that’s filled by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow and might help in recovering. This makes the Bear a great fit for athletes or anyone who is active.
If you’re eager to curl in the Bear, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to keep their spines aligned and also get the pressure relief to prevent pain in low back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines the combination consisting of poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the mattress. In addition they’ll feel a squeeze by the foam memory.
The memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat as traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist in the process of getting it in your home (and maybe even setting it up) once it arrives.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that will help cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam, which, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is famous as the brand that has the “Ghost Ice” cover on the majority of its mattresses. Also made with the Phase Change Material that helps with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only downside is it could be slippery, so you may prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything nice and snug.
For feel in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide side sleepers and back sleepers an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your primary concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat helps keep your spine in a balanced alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is solid that it can be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very at ease sleeping on your back. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and give you some relief from the pressure, while your hips are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer has a lot of room for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable and as an added feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel on the top. All of these features will help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting it’s a receptive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. If you’re a lover of that quicksand feeling then you might want to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for the perfect blend of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context, medium firm is 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the cushion of comfort.
It’s important to note that the comfort section is comprised of not just only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the former being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of support and comfort we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which supports the sides of the bed and also the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based on the type of body and age, sleeping positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate combination of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end choices in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out why this is essential in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as those in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built on coil support systems. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel and work well for stomach, back, and combination sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support and their comfort differs widely. Check out the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeping person. They are the most well-known type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the most comfortable memory foam mattress to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these mattresses. Take a look at the top latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to help sleepers all night! A few of the best adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our review of best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several different types of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price consider looking at the top mattresses for your cost.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under $1000 as well as the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase the circulation of air, and this is important for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- Here are my top breathable beds in our roundup of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lb) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a glance at most comfortable mattresses to make sure they have the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) need a bed that provides an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. For more information on how to select a mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website to find the top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattress for older people to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have specific sleeping needs as well! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the best mattresses for couples to get some ideas and beds that have impressive edge support, cooling features, and other needs that couples might consider.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress To Buy For Back Pain FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the life of a mattress that is old for some time by adding the mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to look over the warranty. It will also provide you with a good idea of the length it should last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back pain?
The majority of people with back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for their back. The type of mattress you choose will help you keep your spine straight overnight and can ease a lot of discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list that include those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive selection, they can always check out our roundup of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses on this list should be ideal for side sleepers particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress To Buy For Back Pain