If you’re looking for a new mattress but aren’t sure what to look for. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress Side Sleeper Edge Support
Remember that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what’s best for one person will not work for another.
This is why we kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while presenting our top choices. We hope that the majority of users will be able get not only”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each bed we’d like to tell you a little bit about how we came to select these beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses, running every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score in accordance with the material as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also consider brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we took each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress on this list has an overall score of 4/5 or higher. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to look for a bed that checks all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more costly models, but for lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feeling that is an ideal fit for a variety of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm), which makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers will be the most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers will likely be able to easily change positions on any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or both of you are an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping in a room with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become an extremely well-known brands in the mattress market because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight — a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, providing enough support for two persons. Although this can cause some bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. It’s also possible to look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance, it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a powerful quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts This memory foam mattress is constructed of 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for side sleepers. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
At the same time, the Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion across the mattress, making it a great pick for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed you should look into this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option which means that most couples will be in a position to find the bed that is right for their needs. All models have solid edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples should consider cooling when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies give off much more heat to the body than one. However, this should not be a problem for the Signature, which has the naturally cooling latex-like foam in the comfort layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for plenty of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings on to customers. This makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and any of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over), then you need a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels: Softer, Luxury Firm as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support which allows you to spread to the end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides mild pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and ample firmness from its coil-like support layer. It also provides zones of support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the location) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale, the Bear should appeal to folks looking for a firm and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a shape from a comfort layer of memory foam coated by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow, which could help with recovery. It makes Bear an ideal choice for anyone who is active.
If you’re ready to curl in Bear Bear, get our most affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need lots of support to keep their spines aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain at low back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam and pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the bed. At the same time they’ll receive a bit of a hug by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat like traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it might be a good idea to assist you in the move into your home (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that will help keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws body heat away from sleeping.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special textile which draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is known as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover for some mattress models. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material, it aids in ensuring that to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, and you might prefer a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
For feel in terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer side sleepers and back sleepers the perfect balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping your spine within a balanced alignment and avoids back problems. Actually, the support is so robust that it could be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable to sleep in Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable sleeping on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and give you some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should feel supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy and as an added feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on the top. All of these features will help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a receptive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling that memory foam provides. If you’re a lover of that quicksand feeling it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
You think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is composed of not two, but one layer of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of them are made to keep the user comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah, plus it’s also an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of support and comfort you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports both sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my recommendations based on body type, age, sleep positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and usually, that’s in a mattress that is medium-firm. You can find high-end options in the best mattresses that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They often are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for back, stomach and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam, and their feel differs widely. Find the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a popular type of all-foam mattress , which offers a wide range of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually made with eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these beds. Look over the most popular latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to help sleepers all night! Some of the top adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Get more information in our roundup of the top air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that reduces the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several kinds of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price check out the top mattresses for your cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, check out our best mattresses under $1,000 as well as the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with one of the following: latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum in the night.
- My top breathable beds in our roundup of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend these sleepers take a look at the most comfortable mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that offers additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. For more information on how to select the right mattress that suits your body check out our website for best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattresses for older people to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ) it is essential to choose one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples including mattresses that offer exceptional Edge support and cooling features, and other needs that couples might consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex should browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress Side Sleeper Edge Support FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your personal budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses at all price points! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the life of a mattress that is old for a few months by adding an mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to take a look at its warranty, which will give you a good idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress for back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain find that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for them. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight throughout the night and can ease many of the discomfort. If you are looking for a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, look through our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list it’s those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider range, look through our list of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses in this list will be ideal for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress Side Sleeper Edge Support