You’re looking of a mattress, but aren’t sure what to look for. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around within the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress Ratings For Back Pain
Remember that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different people require different things of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
We made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while we made our top picks. Our goal is that all users will be able discover not only the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds We’d like to talk an overview of the method we used to choose the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab, running every mattress through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score based on materials as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every last mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more expensive models, but at lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feel , which is a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers should be the most comfortable with the Luxury as well as the Firm model while those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper you’ll be able to change positions on any model, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. You should be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only downside to its springy nature is that it results in fairly high motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one (or both) are an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become one of the most well-known names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers can take a sleep quiz via the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 persons. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to disturb the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with more foam layer. Also, you can take a look at other of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance, it’s the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a powerful comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is built with 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of comfort and a deep body contour which can be beneficial for side sleepers. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the shoulders and hips.
In addition, the Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the structure, making it a great choice for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with your partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm version which means that most couples will be in a position to find a bed that works for their preferences. All of the options have sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples should be aware of cooling when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. But this isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has the naturally cooling latex-like foam in the comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that allow for lots of airflow.
Another feature that will be attractive to lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings on to customers. This is what makes the Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can comfortably support you. The WinkBed is available with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, permitting you to spread all the way to the edge in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some mild pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as lots of support from its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the location) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially for back pain.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more maintain a cool temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale it is a Bear will appeal to those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a more contouring with the comfort layer of memory foam that’s filled by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. The Bear a great fit for athletes or anyone who is active.
If you’re looking to snuggle in your Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need a lot of support to keep their spines aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain at the lower back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of the combination with memory foam and poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the bed. At the same time they’ll feel a touch of comfort from the memory foam.
The memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat as traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils create enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy bed, so it might be a good idea to assist you in the move into your home (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are in search of a bed that can help to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from sleeping.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special textile that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam, which is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority their mattresses. It is also made of a Phase Change Material which aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, and you might want to use a fitted sheet on your bed that keeps everything neat and secure.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers the perfect balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It is a combination of soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that aids in keeping your spine within a balanced alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is so sturdy that it might also be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only option to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy and, as an additional feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up over the top. These features should assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel like memory foam. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand then you might want to reconsider your options.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for an optimum blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context medium firm is 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders sink into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is made of not one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are made to keep the user at a comfortable temperature, with the latter being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also like the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. at 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports both sides of the mattress, and also the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based upon your body type as well as age, sleep position, and the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain straight, and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. You can find high-end options in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out why this is essential in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like those in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They usually feature a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and combo sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam and their comfort varies widely. Find the top hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeping person. They are the most popular type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring and pressure relief. Look over the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with environmentally friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these beds. Check out the top latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! Some of the top adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several different types of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re on a tight budget, see our top mattresses that cost less than 1,000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is essential to keep the temperature low in the night.
- My top breathable beds in our roundup of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a review of the best soft mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) need a bed that offers an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick the best mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website for the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our best mattresses for older adults to find a feel that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have specific requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas, as well as beds that have impressive edges, cool options and other requirements that couples may take into consideration.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattress for sex should browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress Ratings For Back Pain FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your own budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least each 7-10 years. However, a mattress can be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the life of an old mattress for some time by adding the mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to look over its warranty, which will give you a good idea of how long it will last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain will find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is best for those with back pain. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight overnight, which can help alleviate some of the back pain. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. With that in mind, they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. To get a larger range, check out our roundup of the most comfortable sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses listed here should be a great match for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress Ratings For Back Pain