So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed but aren’t sure where to begin. There are plenty of options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress Protector For Hot Sleepers Australia
Remember that the word “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
We kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while presenting our top picks. Our goal is that all users will be able find not just”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each bed We’d like to talk a little bit about the process we used to choose the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab, running every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you should find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more costly models, but at lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feel , which is an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on Luxury as well as the Firm model while those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to quickly switch positions on any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it causes fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either (or both) is a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping in a room with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become among the top recognizable brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website that takes their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and cradles vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pocketed coils below the foams that provide adequate support for 2 persons. While this also results in some bounce, it’s not enough to disturb you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. You can also look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy with a significant relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed by using 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel immense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
In addition, the Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below the back, which should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the mattress which makes it an ideal option for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm version which means that most couples will be able to find a bed that works for them. All models have sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when looking for the best mattress for them, since two bodies give off much more heat to the body than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over), then you need an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These springs are strengthened, resulting in extra-strong edge support, permitting you to spread all the way to the edge to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as lots of support from its coil-like support layer. It also provides zones of support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the area) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness it is a Bear will appeal to those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for back sleepers. they’ll also get a little shape from a comfortable layer of memory foam that’s infused by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. It makes Bear a great fit for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on your Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain at the lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines a tandem consisting of poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top mattress. In addition, they’ll get a little squeeze due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat as the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be a good idea to assist you in moving it into your home (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Have you bought you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that will help to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one you’re looking for. The mattress has cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from sleeping.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous as the brand that has the “Ghost Ice” cover for many of its mattresses. It is also made of the Phase Change Material that helps with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may need to put a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything nice and snug.
In terms of feel in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide side sleepers and back sleepers an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent choice. It combines soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping your spine in a neutral alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is so robust that it could be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only suitable position to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very at ease sleeping on your back. Your shoulders should sink into the mattress and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, while your hips feel comfortable and supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel right at home in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy and as an added bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up over the top. All of these features will help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand then you might want to look elsewhere.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for a mixture of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context medium firm is 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are made to keep the user comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused variation that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up on the edges of the mattress, and also the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based on your body type as well as age, sleep positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Check out our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines straight, and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips aligned with their shoulders. Find out why this is important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones we have in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They usually have a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and combination sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support and their feeling differs widely. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. They are the most well-known kind of all-foam mattress which offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the most comfortable memory foam mattress to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these beds. Check out the most popular latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! Some of the top adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses which can ease different kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost consider looking at the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under $1,000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase airflow, which is important to keep the temperature low in the night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend these sleepers take a look at the best soft mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) require a mattress that offers an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick the right mattress that suits your body check out our website to find the the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our best mattresses for older adults to find one that works for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique sleep needs, too! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ) It is important to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples, as well as beds that have impressive edges, cool options and other requirements that couples may be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex can look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress Protector For Hot Sleepers Australia FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this, so it’s important to take your personal budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses to be found at all price points! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. It is also possible to extend the life of an old mattress for several months by adding the mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to check the warranty. It will also provide you with a good idea of the length it should last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is ideal for their back. This type of bed will assist you in keeping your spine straight throughout the night and can ease some of the pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will ease your back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider range, check out our roundup of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. The majority of mattresses listed here should be ideal for sleepers who prefer side sleeping, most notably Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress Protector For Hot Sleepers Australia