So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed, but aren’t sure where to begin. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot of others circulating in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress Protector For Airbnb
Remember that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
We kept a wide range of categories in mind when we made our top picks. Our goal is that all folks should be able to discover not only the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds we’d like to tell you an overview of the method we used to choose the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models through our bed lab, putting every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using the seismometer. From there, we give each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every last mattress in this list is rated 4 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support, cushioning pressure relief, and quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of costly models, but at a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feel that should be an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to quickly change positions on any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with an individual, you could feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one or the other are the type of sleeper who is light.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most well-known names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz via the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide sufficient support to accommodate two people. While this also results in some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with more foam layer. Also, you can check out more of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example it’s the Nectar mattress is a great value buy that packs a serious comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts The memory foam bed is built of 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel immense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
In addition the Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the entire structure and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Find a cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with your partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It is available in a Medium, Soft and Firm version which means that most couples will be capable of finding the right bed for their preferences. All of the options have strong edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when choosing the best mattress for them, since two bodies emit more body heat than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in the comfort layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for lots of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it a great mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings onto the customer. This makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds and above), then you need a mattress that’s going to adequately support you. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, which allows you to spread all the way to the very end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support from its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the area) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
Apart from it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness it is a Bear should appeal to folks looking for a firm and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for back sleepers. they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from the comfortable layer of memory foam that’s filled with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow, which could help with recovery. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl up on Bear Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary pressure relief to prevent pain at their lower back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses the combination of memory foam, poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top mattress. In addition, they’ll get a little squeeze from the memory foam.
The memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat like traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up opting for the DreamCloud, know that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to assist in the process of moving it into your home (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot looking for a mattress that will help cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. The mattress has cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the feel. It also has a layer of gel memory foam, which as well as being cool, provides plenty of comfort and cushioning.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is known by its “Ghost Ice” cover on many of its mattresses. It is also made of the Phase Change Material which helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, and you might want to use a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide side sleepers and back sleepers a combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If your primary concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat assists in keeping your spine in a neutral position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is sturdy that it might also be a great alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position to sleep in Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and give you some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable and as an added feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. All of these features will assist in helping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of that quicksand feeling, you may want to consider a different bed.
Are you thinking that you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils to provide the perfect blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is made of not two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers at a comfortable temperature, with the latter being a graphite-infused variation that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. It’s not just that they’ll experience the mix of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which supports both sides of the mattress, and also the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked, you might benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon the type of body and age, sleeping positions, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion pressure points at their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate balance of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line, and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. There are some top-quality alternatives in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They usually feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support and their comfort differs widely. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They employ layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a favored kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the most comfortable memory foam mattress to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using green Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these mattresses. Take a look at the best latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper all night! Some of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Get more information in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that can help you with different kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost consider looking at the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our top mattresses that cost less than $1,000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase airflow, which is crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our roundup of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that those who sleep light to glance at top soft mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) require a mattress that provides additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick the right mattress for your body type check out our website to find the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies , each with unique requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for older adults to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to pick an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples and beds that have impressive edge support, cooling options, and other needs that couples may be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex should look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress Protector For Airbnb FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your personal budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. It is also possible to extend the life of an old mattress for several months by putting on an mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to take a look at its warranty. This will give you an idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for their back. This type of bed will assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night and can ease some of the discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re advised to choose mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive range, go through our selection of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they usually prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses on this list should be ideal for side sleepers particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress Protector For Airbnb