So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed but don’t know what to look for. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot of others circulating within the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress Protector Airbnb
Well, keep in mind that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different people require different things of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual will not work for another.
We made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when making our top choices. Our hope is that most folks should be able to find not just the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds we’d like to tell you an overview of the method we used to choose the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab. We’ve put every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score according to the materials used, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also take into account the performance of the brand, such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we really considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress in this list has an overall score of 4/5 or higher. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality mattress materials that don’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the benefits of those costly models, but at lower costs. With a durable coil-on-coil structure, it offers an innerspring-like feel that should be suitable for all types of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers will be most comfortable with the Luxury as well as the Firm model while those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to quickly switch positions on any model, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only issue with its springy nature is that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or both of you are the type of sleeper who is light.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely notable names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and supports delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide enough support for two persons. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example it’s the Nectar mattress is a great bargain with a significant relaxation punch, without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts This memory foam mattress is made with 5″ of luxurious mattress made of gel. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some extreme pressure relief as well as cushions at the shoulders and hips.
At the same time it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below the back, which will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the entire structure and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed you should look into this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version, so most couples should be capable of finding the bed that is right for them. All models have strong edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies produce greater body temperature than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, latex-like foam in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that allow for lots of airflow.
Another trait that should be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it to latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and all of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for a mattress that will comfortably support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. The strengthened springs result in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out to the end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, depending on the region) to help ease aches and pains, especially for back pain.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. There’s a breathable cover made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale, the Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and comfortable bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam at the bottom, followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for back sleepers. they’ll also get a little shape from a comfortable layer of memory foam that’s infused with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow and might help in recovering. The Bear the perfect choice for those who lives an active life.
If you’re ready to curl in your Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain in low back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of the combination consisting of poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the bed. In addition they’ll receive a bit of a hug from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat like the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create space for a lot of airflow.
If you end up choosing the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to help you with getting it in your house (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are in search of a bed that will keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from sleepers.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature as a brand GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover on many their mattresses. Also made with the Phase Change Material that helps with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, so you may prefer a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
For feel In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give side sleepers and back sleepers the perfect balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping the spine healthy alignment and prevents back issues. Actually, the support is so sturdy that it might also be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position for this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief while your hips feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil has a lot of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy, and as an added feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel on the top. All of these features will help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel like memory foam. If you’re a lover of that quicksand feeling then you might want to look elsewhere.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the cushion of comfort.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are made to keep the user cool, with the second being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also enjoy the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of comfort and support we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. at 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that is used to support on the edges of the bed and also the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based upon the type of body as well as age, sleep positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good combination of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s essential in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like those in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built on coil support systems. They usually have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support and their feeling differs widely. Check out the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a favored kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with eco-friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination often like these mattresses. Check out the most popular latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper throughout the night! A few of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Get more information in our roundup of best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease different types of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to learn more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price consider looking at the most comfortable mattresses available for the price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, check out our best mattresses under 1,000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool I would suggest you go with a mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is essential for keeping a low temperature in the night.
- My top mattresses that breathe in our list of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lbs) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that those who sleep light to look at the best soft mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) need a bed that provides extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick the best mattress that suits your body, visit our page for the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for seniors to find one that will work well for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have specific requirements for sleep, too! Find out more about selecting a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for some examples, as well as beds that have impressive edges, cool options, and other needs that couples could be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex are able to look through our guide to beds that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress Protector Airbnb FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this, so it’s important to take your budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. You can also prolong the life of an old mattress for some time by adding an mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to check the warranty. It can also give you a good idea of how long it will last.
What is the best mattress for back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for their back. This type of bed will assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate many of the pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, look through our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. This is why they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list that include those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive selection, they can always check out our roundup of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses on this list should be ideal for those who sleep on their sides especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress Protector Airbnb