If you’re looking of a mattress but aren’t sure what to look for. There are plenty of options available at brick and mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot of others circulating in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. What’s the most suitable mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress Pad For Split King Adjustable Bed
Remember that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what works for one person will not work for another.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of different categories when we made our top choices. Our hope is that most people will be able to discover not only the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you some details about the method we used to select them.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab, running each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score according to the materials used as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to look for a bed that checks all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more costly models, but at a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feel , which is an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models, while side sleepers will appreciate using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to easily change positions on any model, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it results in fairly high motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with a partner, you may sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one or both of you are an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made of Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most recognizable names in the mattress industry due to its flexibility. Customers can take a test on their sleep via the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into account so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a sleeper on the side is likely to be pointing towards the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams, which creates enough support for two persons. While this also results in some bounce, it’s not enough to disturb you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. You can also take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For example it’s the Nectar mattress is a great bargain that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts This memory foam mattress is constructed by using 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This gives you plenty of sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel intense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
At the same time it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. The best part is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion across the entire structure, making it a great option for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option which means that most couples will be in a position to find the right bed for their needs. All models have strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies give off more body heat than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has an naturally cool, similar to latex in the cushion layer. It also has a hybrid design with springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another feature that will be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings onto the customer. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and all of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that’s still an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out all the way to the edge of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides gentle pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zones of support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the location) to help you alleviate discomfort and pain, particularly for back pain.
Apart from it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness it is a Bear will appeal to those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for back sleepers. they’ll also receive a shape from the comfortable layer of memory foam infused with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, and so does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow and could aid in recovering. The Bear an ideal choice for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl up with Bear Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure in their lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses the combination consisting of poly foam and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the mattress. At the same time they’ll feel a bit of a hug from the memory foam.
The memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat as traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up opting for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to help you with the move into your house (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are in search of a bed that can help keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology to draw body heat away from the sleeper.
The first is an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the feel. It also has an underlying layer of gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and cushioning.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover on many mattress models. It is also made of a phase change material which assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it is a little slippery, and you might want to use a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
In terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give side sleepers and back sleepers an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a great option. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping your spine within a balanced position and helps prevent back pain. In fact, the support is so robust that it could be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only position that is suitable for this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable sleeping on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and give you some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel right at home in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable and as an added touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on the top. These features should help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the cushion of comfort.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is made of not one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused variation that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that holds up both sides of the mattress, and also the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for then you could benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based upon body type and age, sleeping posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality options in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s essential in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a cushioned mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They usually feature a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam, and their feel varies widely. Check out the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They employ layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the most comfortable mattress made of memory foam to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these beds. Take a look at the most popular latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper throughout the night! A few of the best adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of the the top air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the most suitable mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price, take a look at the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, check out our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on, I’d recommend opting for one of the following: latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be essential to keep the temperature low in the night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our list of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend these sleepers take a look at the most comfortable mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that provides an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select a mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page to find the the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for seniors to find one that works for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique sleeping needs as well! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ) it is essential to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples, as well as beds that have impressive edge support, cooling options and other requirements that couples might be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex are able to check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress Pad For Split King Adjustable Bed FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your personal budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses available at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the life of an old mattress for some time by adding a mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to take a look at the warranty. It will give you a good idea of the length it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for their back. The type of mattress you choose will help you keep your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate a lot of back pain. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive range, look through our list of the most comfortable sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses on this list should be ideal for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress Pad For Split King Adjustable Bed