So you’re in the market for a new mattress but don’t know what to look for. There are plenty of options available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress Pad For Hot Sleepers
Remember that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what works for one person will not work for another.
This is why we kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while we made our top picks. We hope that the majority of folks should be able to discover not only the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the details of each of these beds We’d like to talk an overview of the process we used to choose these beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models through our bed lab. We’ve put every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva offers all of the benefits of those costly models, but for a more affordable price. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feeling that is suitable for a variety of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers will be most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models. While those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to shift positions with any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s about to fall down or cause you to fall off. The only downside to its springy nature is that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer so if you’re sleeping with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or both of you is an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most well-known names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep via the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers an enveloping feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and supports sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. As a hybrid that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams, providing enough support for two persons. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example it’s the Nectar mattress is a great value buy with a significant relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is built with 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
In addition, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath the back, which are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the entire structure, making it a great pick for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Find a more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version, so most couples should be capable of finding a bed that works for their needs. All of the options have strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should consider cooling when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies emit more body heat than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling latex-like foam that is in the comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings to the consumer. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support which allows you to spread to the very end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness from its coil-like support layer. It also provides zoned support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, depending on the location) to ease aches and pains, especially in your back.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more maintain a cool temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale it is a Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be sufficient support for back sleepers. they’ll also get a little shape from a cushion of comfort foam coated by graphite. This makes the mattress cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noteworthy aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it can increase blood flow, which could help in recovering. This makes the Bear a great fit for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with the Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require lots of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure at the lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation with memory foam and poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the mattress. In addition, they’ll get a little bit of a hug by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat as traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be a good idea to assist you in getting it in your home (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are seeking a bed that can help keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. The mattress has cooling technology to draw body heat away from sleeping.
The first is the infusion Phase Change Material, a special textile that draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the touch. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam, which, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority mattress models. Also made with a Phase Change Material which helps with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it is a little slippery, which is why you may need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it neat and secure.
In terms of feel in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give the back and side sleepers an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat helps keep your spine in a neutral alignment and prevents back issues. In fact, the support is so solid that it can be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only option for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very at ease sleeping on your back. Your shoulders should sink into the mattress and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy and, as an additional touch, it has a thin coating of cooling gel on over the top. All of these traits should assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand then you might want to consider a different bed.
Are you thinking that you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is composed of not two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah as it’s an ideal choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. at 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that holds up the sides of the bed, and also the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my recommendations based on your body type and age, sleeping posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality options in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They often have a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support, and their feel differs widely. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular type of all-foam mattress , which offer a lot of body-contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the best memory foam mattress to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these mattresses. Check out the most popular latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers throughout the night! A few of the top adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our review of best air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options which can ease different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the most suitable mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re on a tight budget, see our top mattresses for under 1,000 as well as the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on, I’d recommend opting for a mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is important to keep the temperature low at night.
- My top mattresses that breathe in our list of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a review of the top soft mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) need a bed with additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. To find out how to pick a mattress for your body type, visit our page to find the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for older people to find a feel that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique sleep needs, too! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to choose one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples, as well as beds with impressive edge support, cooling options, and other needs that couples might take into consideration.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattresses for sex are able to look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress Pad For Hot Sleepers FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your own budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or care for it in a rough way. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of a mattress a few months by adding a mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to look over its warranty. This will also provide you with a good idea of the length it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back stiffness?
Many people suffering from back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is ideal for them. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight overnight and can ease a lot of back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, check out our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. With that in mind, they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. To get a larger selection, they can always go through our selection of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. The majority of mattresses on this list should be a great match for side sleepers especially those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress Pad For Hot Sleepers