So you’re in the market for a new mattress but have no idea where to begin. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress Material For Hot Sleepers
Keep in mind that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what works for one person may not work for another.
This is why we have a variety of categories in mind when making our top choices. Our goal is that all folks should be able to get not only”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the details of each bed we’d like to tell you an overview of the method we used to choose them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab, running each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score based on materials, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we really considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you must look for a bed that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality mattress materials that don’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those costly models, but for an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feeling that is suitable for all types of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm), which makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on Luxury as well as the Firm model, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer more of the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to quickly change positions on any of the models thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress an exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or make you fall over. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one or both of you is a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top notable brands in the mattress market because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep via the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The foam comfort layer contours to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress, there’s a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two persons. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. You can also take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example the Nectar mattress is a great value buy that packs a powerful quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is built with 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the hips and shoulders.
In addition the Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath the back, which should enjoy the medium level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the structure which makes it an ideal pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Get an even more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It is available in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model and most couples will be able to find the bed that is right for their needs. Each of them has strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of the naturally cooling similar to latex in the comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it to latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings onto the customer. This means that the Signature (and every one of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that’s still an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will adequately support you. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out all the way to the very end of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support from its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, depending on the location) to help you alleviate discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little bit of contouring from a comfortable layer of memory foam coated by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable characteristic of Celliant. There are studies that show it can increase blood flow, which could help with recovery. The Bear an ideal choice for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on Bear Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need lots of support to keep their spines aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain at their lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of the combination consisting of poly foam and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the bed. At the same time they’ll feel a squeeze by the foam memory.
The memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat like traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be beneficial to assist in the process of moving it into your house (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are in search of a bed that can help cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from sleeping.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the touch. It also has the gel memory foam that, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous as the brand that has the “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on many of its mattresses. Also made with a phase change material that aids in ensuring that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it can be a bit slippery, and you might want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything nice and snug.
In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide side sleepers and back sleepers a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It is a combination of soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping your spine within a balanced alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is so solid that it can be an ideal option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only option that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable sleeping on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and give you some relief from pressure while your hips still feel supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable with the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy, and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin layer of cooling gel on the top. All of these traits should aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel like memory foam. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is made of not two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that is used to support on the edges of the mattress, and also the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my recommendations based on body type, age, sleep positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of pressure relief and support to keep their spines straight, and they’ll typically find that in a medium-firm mattress. You can find high-end options in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s essential in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as the ones in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam and their comfort is different. Check out the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring and pressure relief. Check out the top mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using green Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these mattresses. Take a look at the best latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper throughout the night! Some of the top adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our roundup of the top air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that reduces pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to learn more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a high-quality bed which is worth the price check out the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re on a tight budget, see our top mattresses for under $1,000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for a Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be important for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our list of best mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend these sleepers take a review of the most comfortable mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) need a bed that offers an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose the best mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website for best mattresses for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for older adults to find one that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own sleep needs, as well! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas, as well as beds with impressive edge support, cooling options and other requirements that couples might consider.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex are able to look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress Material For Hot Sleepers FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your own budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses available in every price range! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress that is old for several months by adding an mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to take a look at the warranty. It will give you an idea of how long it should last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back discomfort?
The majority of people with back pain discover that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for those with back pain. This kind of bed can assist you in keeping your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease some of the discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, look through our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list it’s those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive range, check out our roundup of the most comfortable mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. The majority of mattresses in this list will be ideal for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress Material For Hot Sleepers