You’re looking to buy a brand new bed but don’t know where to start. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress In A Box For Hot Sleepers
Remember that the word “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what works for one person may not work for another.
We made sure to keep a broad range of different categories when making our top picks. Our hope is that most users will be able find not just”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each bed We’d like to talk a little bit about how we came to choose these beds.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab. We’ve put every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score based on materials and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent out of them, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 or higher. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality materials that aren’t going to break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of costly models, but at an affordable cost. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers an innerspring-like feeling that is a good fit for all types of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model while side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination will likely be able to easily change positions on any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils offer the mattress outstanding edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only downside to its springy nature is that it causes an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or both of you is the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping near harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become an extremely notable names in the mattress game due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test through the Helix website and take the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid that has a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, which creates enough support for two persons. While this also results in some bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. Also, you can look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance it’s the Nectar mattress is a great bargain that packs a serious relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed of 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for side sleepers. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
In addition, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion across the entire structure and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It is available in a Medium, Soft and Firm option and most couples will be in a position to find the bed that is right for their needs. Each of them has sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should also take cooling into consideration when choosing the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce greater body temperature than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in the comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that can accommodate a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This is what makes the Signature (and any of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can comfortably support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support permitting you to spread all the way to the edge to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, depending on the area) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially in your back.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made out of sustainable Tencel and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness, the Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for back sleepers. they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from a comfort layer of memory foam filled with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow, which could help in recovering. It makes Bear a great fit for those who is active.
If you’re ready to curl up on Bear Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require lots of support to keep their spines aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain at low back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines the combination with memory foam and poly foam, with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top bed. At the same time they’ll feel a bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
The memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat like the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you end up opting for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be beneficial to assist in the process of moving it into your home (and maybe even setting it up) once it arrives.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that will cool you down at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special textile that draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the feel. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam that as well as being cool, also provides lots of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature as a brand GhostBed is famous as the brand that has the “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority mattress models. Also made with a phase change material, it assists in helping with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it could be slippery, and you might want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past this Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping the spine balanced position and helps prevent back pain. In fact, the support is so robust that it could be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very at ease sleeping on your back. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and give you some relief from pressure and your hips should feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely comfortable and as an added feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel up top. All of these features will aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Shop here for the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that the comfort section is composed of not one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are made to keep the user at a comfortable temperature, with the latter being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll get that mix of support and comfort we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up both sides of the bed as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Is the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my recommendations based on the type of body as well as age, sleep posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good combination of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain straight, and usually, that’s in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned with their shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach and combo sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support, and their feel varies widely. Check out the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam to both cushion and help the sleeper. They are the most well-known type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the best memory foam mattresses to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually made with eco-friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these mattresses. Take a look at the best latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper throughout the night! The best adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our review of the top air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with different types of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the best pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our best mattresses under $1000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on, I’d recommend opting for one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is crucial to keep the temperature low at night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our roundup of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend these sleepers take a review of the most comfortable mattresses to make sure they have the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) require a mattress with an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose the right mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website to find the the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattress for seniors to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique sleeping needs as well! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas and beds that have impressive Edge support and cooling features and other requirements that couples might take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex should look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress In A Box For Hot Sleepers FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your personal budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses available at all price points! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the life of an old mattress for a few months by adding the mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s essential to check its warranty. This will give you a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain discover that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for their back. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight overnight, which can help alleviate some of the pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will ease your back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. With that in mind, they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list that include those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. To get a larger choice, go through our selection of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they usually prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses on this list should be a great match for those who sleep on their sides particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress In A Box For Hot Sleepers