So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed but aren’t sure what to look for. There are plenty of options available at brick and mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress In A Box For Back Sleepers
Keep in mind that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what’s best for one person may not work for another.
We made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when presenting our top picks. We hope that the majority of users will be able find not just”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each bed, we’d like to share an overview of the method we used to choose the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses, running every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating according to the materials used as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent out of them, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress in this list has an overall score of 4/5 or higher. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should look for a bed that ticks all the right boxes. You want something with good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality mattress materials that don’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of costly models, but for an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feeling that is an ideal fit for a variety of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions while side sleepers will appreciate using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to quickly switch positions on any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only downside to its springy nature is that it results in fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could feel each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or the other is an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping in a room with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely notable names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pocketed coils below the foams, which creates enough support for two people. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. You can also take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a powerful comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts The memory foam bed is constructed with 5″ of soft mattress made of gel. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that could work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel immense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
In addition the Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath the back, which should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of movement across the structure, making it a great option for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Find a more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It comes in a Soft, Medium, and Firm model which means that most couples will be able to find a bed that works for their needs. Each of them has solid edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps your partner from feeling every twist and turn.
Couples should also consider cooling when looking for the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce greater body temperature than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature, which has an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that allow for lots of airflow.
Another trait that should be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings onto the customer. This is what makes the Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can comfortably support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels: Softer, Luxury Firm as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. The strengthened springs result in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out all the way to the edge to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support thanks to its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the location) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. There’s a breathable cover made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be sufficient support for back sleepers. they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with a comfortable layer of memory foam that’s infused by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it can increase blood flow and might help with recovery. The Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl up on your Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the relief from pressure at the lower back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines the combination consisting of poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top bed. At the same time, they’ll get a little bit of a hug from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat as traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to assist in the process of the move into your house (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that will help to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. This mattress features cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from sleepers.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. It also has a layer of gel memory foam, which as well as being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous as the brand that has the “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some their mattresses. Also made with the Phase Change Material that aids in ensuring that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, and you might prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it nice and snug.
In terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give the back and side sleepers a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If your primary concern is staying cool, you’ll love GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent choice. It blends soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat helps keep your spine within a balanced position and helps prevent back pain. Actually, the support is so sturdy that it might also be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable for this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the mattress and let you enjoy some relief from pressure and your hips should feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely comfortable, and as an added bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on the top. All of these features will assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a responsive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel like memory foam. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Shop here for our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is made of not two, but one layer of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of them are made to keep the user comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah, plus it’s also an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that supports both sides of the bed, as well as the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based upon your body type as well as age, sleep position, and pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines straight, and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. They can find some high-quality options in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built in coil systems to provide support. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support, and their feel varies widely. Find the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeping person. They are the most well-known type of all-foam mattress , which offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the top memory foam mattresses to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually made with eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these mattresses. Check out the best latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper all night! Some of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the the best air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about pain relief solutions.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost check out the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under 1,000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with a latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote ventilation, which can be important for keeping the temperature at a minimum in the night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lbs) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a glance at most comfortable mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) require a mattress that offers additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select the right mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site for top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- Seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for seniors to find one that works for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own sleeping needs as well! Find out more about selecting a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples, as well as beds that have impressive edge support, cooling options and other requirements that couples might take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex are able to browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress In A Box For Back Sleepers FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your personal budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses available at all price points! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a good foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for a few months by putting on the mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to take a look at its warranty. This will give you a good idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back discomfort?
The majority of people with back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for those with back pain. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight during the night as well as help ease some of the pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, check out our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. This is why they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider selection, they can always look through our list of the most comfortable sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides particularly the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress In A Box For Back Sleepers